Started a Weight Loss challenge today!

by AK - Jeff 6 Replies latest social physical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

A friend of mine and I are the only participants. We weighed in this morning. We are going to go three months, with the highest percentage of loss the winner.

The stakes? A round of golf on the looser. We are going to establish a couple of intermediate prizes too.

One day - and I am already starving to death - though I feel good.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's tough for someone as "thin" as you to lose a significant percentage.
    A bigger person doesn't miss 5% of their body weight as a thinner person.

I don't know your friend, but it will be hard. Well, enjoy the golf.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I highly recommend NOT starving yourself. You can stuff yourself with loads of fresh fruit and vegetables and not gain weight. You will feel better for it. Limit or avoid meat, eggs, milk, and refined foods and beverages that contain lots of syrup and sugar. Seriously, you have no reason whatsoever to go around hungry. I've been vegetarian since early January. I weigh 132 lbs. (I'm 5' 7"). My blood glucose is normal, and my blood pressure has dropped from 140/90 to 120/80. I have oatmeal or cream of wheat with cinnamon and raisins for breakfast. I eat bananas as a mid morning snack. Lunch is usually peanut butter on whole grain bread, but today I had homemade tamales. For dinner I made a black bean burger with fresh bakery bread, tomato, onion, mushroom, light mayo, chunky mild salsa and a side of potato slices. With a little planning you can eat well and lose weight. Set aside time for exercise too.

Dave

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Hope this is going well for you!

I too started a diet at the beginning of the year.

Unfortunately I had to add a second diet as the 1st one wasn't giving me enough food.

Blithe

• wobble
    wobble

Another tip, It's not the beer that makes you fat,I once gave up beer for four hours,never lost a thing.

Love

Wobble

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I havent eaten loads in the last two weeks and I have had no alcohol this year and I normally hava a daily drink, Ive lost 7lbs from cutting the booze, Im pretty happy about that! x

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Shut up fatty! Good to see your practicing Anerexia...let me know how it goes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit