I had a botox injection in my eye muscle yesterday.............

by free2think 18 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

And it hurt. But don't worry i didnt cry. I just dontthink the drops had had enough time to work yet.

So soon my eyes will both be looking in the same direction again! Exciting times people.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Wow, hang in there. I hope it all works out.

My JW brother gets botox injection in his vocal cords every six or eight weeks to make them relax. (His voice is his living, and without the injections he loses his voice.) He's been getting them for two years or so, with no bad side-effects. (Insurance will not pay for them. Each injection is $600.)

• White Dove
    White Dove

Does this treatment treat crossed eyes, or something? Hope for the best for you!

• free2think
    free2think

Wow thats expensive. But i guess worth it for him. Thanks Leavingwt.

Yes its ti treat a squint WD. I have fixed diplopiar, which is caused by tunnel vision. Im having the injection to see if i want the op to shorten the muscle.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I bet that hurt

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wish you love and luck with your eye, F2T.

• free2think
    free2think

Aww thank you so much BD and WD.

• ninja
    ninja

I'm not going to steal your telly freety....I'm bringing you one instead....in case your cross eye injection don't work....you can watch both at the same time....he he....just kidding....get well soon mrs

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

Wow, sounds exciting for you. Wish you the best, hope it works!

Kit

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I've had eye muscle surgery ... where they detach it from the eyeball and reattach it in a bit different position. Damn that was painful.

You have my sympathies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit