Bank lays off 450 then throws a Million dollar party!

by sammielee24 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Looks like the socialized school system is an abject failure. The NEA and and other teacher's unions are indistinguishable from the Democrat Party. We know who the Democrats are serving and the Republicans pandering to. Here is a comparison of public spending per student followed by a chart as a percentage of GDP. Public education spending has ballooned over the years yet the results get worse and worse and worse. We are throwing our money in the trash, our future in the trash, and educating a new generation of future Obamabots too stupid to tie their shoes or vote in their true interest.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here it is. By all means lets spend more. The money is working so well.

Odd thing is that between Reagan and Bush 41, Federal Funding tripled while under the Democrat Clinton, it only went up about a turd, then roughly tripled again under the evil Boooshitler. This is only the Federal part of the pie, there is still State and Local. But still. These guys have done such a great job, lets let them run our healthcare too!!!

BTS

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Odd thing is that between Reagan and Bush 41, Federal Funding tripled while under the Democrat Clinton, it only went up about a turd, then roughly tripled again under the evil Boooshitler.

Remember the difference between big and smart spenders. No one asks for blind deficit spending. It's sustainability we need.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

But the money gets spent by local school districts, the Federal Government has limited control and only through the strings they attach to the funding. I worked in a large school district when No Child Left Behind passed under Bush, and the teachers hated the accountability it introduced. Meanwhile, my friends' homeschooled children do better on standardized tests than their institutionalized counterparts.

BTS

• Gozz
    Gozz

"Looks like the socialized school system is an abject failure."

*** Look at that list again: Finland, South Korea, Netherlands, Japan, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland, etc etc. Hint: all Scandinavian states are in the top 19; #1 is Scandinavian.

"I worked in a large school district when No Child Left Behind passed under Bush, and the teachers hated the accountability it introduced. Meanwhile, my friends' homeschooled children do better on standardized tests than their institutionalized counterpart"

*** Could be an interesting argument; but have you computed the true cost of homeschooling?

There's a little angel in that detail.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

BTS,

I have seen homeschooled kids that had horrible educations...nowhere near the quality of even public education. Not saying there isn't room for improvement in public education (because there most certainly is). Maybe there shold be some sort of reform, but I'm not sure what the answer is.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    *** Could be an interesting argument; but have you computed the true cost of homeschooling?
    There's a little angel in that detail.

Yes indeed, especially when you get taxed for the public system on top of doing the schooling rather than having the benefit returned to you. Still, ruining your children's minds in the Government's version of Gilead or MTS is a higher cost.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I have seen homeschooled kids that had horrible educations...nowhere near the quality of even public education.

Probably by fundie types that did not want their kids to have the "taint of the world". There is a large homeschool group organized in a local community here, I sat in on a class, and I am impressed.

BTS

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

These guys have done such a great job, lets let them run our healthcare too!!!

Sure couldn't be any worse than the private system you have now and since the USA is close to the bottom of the heap compared to other westernized countries and their nationalized healthcare, I'd say they could take a few pointers and do a better job than they do now.

As for the socialized school systems being a failure - I think the top 5 countries and their high ratings speak for themselves. It isn't the socialization of the school system that's the problem - it's the attitude, leadership, priority and motivation as well as other things.

sammieswife.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Our government sucks. Face it. We are much better off fending for ourselves than living at home with a drunken neglectful parent.

I'll make a deal with you, you can stay home with Mama the lush, and I will go out and grow up. You can let her take care of you, just don't make her take care of me, and don't let her take from what little I earn hawking second hand goods and shining shoes on the street. Fair?

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit