QUALITY OF NEW CONVERTS MAY BE GOING DOWN

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

I concur

In our Inner London KH it was just one basket case single parent mum after another - yes they fill an entire row with kids by 4 different fathers, but the future is not bright for them or the Borg.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Later, the dog had to be disfellowshipped for fornication (doggy style)

metatron

As a kid, we kinda shunned one of our dogs for having a blood transfusion.

She got out and was involved in a car accident and the vet called after giving her emergency surgery.

Never spoke to Lassie about anything spiritual after that.

• dozy
    dozy

The pioneers conducted a big bible study in a nursing home and without exception all of them were drooling or sleeping.

And the nursing home residents were even worse! (Boom boom!)

I recently saw a video of people getting baptized at one of the big assemblies at NY in the mid 50’s – virtually all young adults in their 20s or 30s , mostly married couples.

I honestly can’t remember the last time a reasonably competent adult who hadn’t had some previous family connection with “the truth” was baptized. We had a Q&A on the monthly bible study offer – not one study had been started , so the brother had to read a few experiences out of the Yearbook.

The few who do occasionally come along are the rejects of society who are grateful that someone shows an interest in them. Even so , because their domestic lives are so chaotic , it can be very difficult for them to get into the routine of meetings & ministry necessary for them to reach baptism.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

So true. 80% of the newer converts aroud here are 100% WEIRDO.

• besty
    besty
    So true. 80% of the newer converts aroud here are 100% WEIRDO.

I assume the other 20% are off the charts? :-)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

actually i recall a public talk where a dog followed some JWs walking to a meeting (it was in another country and held in a tent. The dog followed them to the meeting and sat thru the meeting...then returned home. This continued for a time. Then the owner wondered where the dog was going...and followed it. He ended up sitting thri the meeting and coming in.

• minimus
    minimus

SLIMBOY, MARY & MET---2 funny!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

isaac, same experience was talked in my hall too.

dog saved the mans spiritual life!

In my area 80% of the growth is from spanish (even the ones that go to other languages)

5 % is from family and the other 15% are from people that are lonely/divorced/depressed.

• badboy
    badboy

ONLY A THOUGHT.IF QUALITY OF NEW CONVERTS WENT DOWN,LONGTERM THIS MIGHT AFFECT GROWTH

• cosmichippo
    cosmichippo

I've talked to my father (who is still a very active JW) about this a few weeks ago. He had commented that those coming into the organization just are not that interested in deep thoughts. Remember those books from the 60's and 70's? They may have been all bunk, but they were challenging bunk. He has commented that he really doesn't like the simple tone that the Watchtower has taken over the last few years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit