The Governing Body Channels ...

by compound complex 22 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Look at how many WRONG things have been put in the steaming piles of litterature over the years.

These "angels" then are taking God's words down to Crooklyn. So obviously jehoobie has gone simple since the bible was penned. Even he cant make up his mind what it means.

HB

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

So, the 1935 identification of the Great Crowd proves they are "spirit-directed"?

What interests me is that the quote is recent, from 2007. I would think they should distance themselves from this concept. Most of the people identified at the historic convention where the great multitude were asked to stand up by Rutherford, ARE DEAD!

This means they were NOT part of the Great Crowd, because they did not pass through the Great Tribulation.

Either God, one of the 24 heavenly elders, or JF Rutherford made a mistake on timing. I wonder which one?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends:

I find this additional information bearing on doctrinal faux pas to be fascinating and your personal commentary a boon to my endeavors toward critical thinking.

Many thanks!

CoCo

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Anything I can do to help, CC.

• compound complex
    compound complex

This deserves another gander, IMHO.

CC

• baltar447
    baltar447

Interesting. What if they begin to compare a two-class anointed on earth as well? "It therefore seems evident, and how appropriate, for just as in heaven, there is a "ruling BODY" of 24 elders, so on earth here today, the GB represent those 24 elders that make up the "faithful and discreet slave" class today here on earth.

• agonus
    agonus

Automatic writing? Holy shit!

"Does it seem like a message from a deceased GB member, or is it really such a message?"

EVIDENTLY it is... ;)

• wobble
    wobble

Thank you dear CoCo for posting this,

It was this very paragraph that made me decide I just HAD to walk out of the K.H and never return, the sad thing is that I wasted a year at least.

I never paid hardly any attention during WT studies, and only speed read an article, if I read it at all, so this did not hit me until it was used in a comment on the "Day's Text" in early 2008 (?). (That was strange too, I didn't normally look at a Day's Text either, but I did that blessed day)

I then went back and saw the times they had come out with similar looney stuff, in the Rev. climax book for instance. and although this went against their other pronouncements about "Bible study" only etc. being their guide, I could see they actually gave credence to this tosh.

Straight away I realised that talking to the dead was forbidden in scripture, but here they were proudly claiming to do so !

I then got to thinking about how they elevate themselves above Jesus, and it actually made me fearful to be associated with such blasphemers.

Of course from that point on the whole house of cards that is their teaching and theology fell apart, as it does when you look at it with an open mind.

Thanks again for posting, it may wake up others reading this.

Wobble

• dozy
    dozy

Try telling a non-JW that JWs receive some of their information and "new light" from their dead previous leaders & see what reaction you get!

Mind you , juding by the numerous flip flops - there does seem to be an awful lot of static on the line....

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I think the Governing Body meets at their secret Bethel board room, closes the door, and hold hands seance-style trying to channel Johannes Greber's spirit for advice:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit