YOGA - is it "bad" or what?

by still_in74 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    there are different types of yoga - you can do the purely physical yoga, which is the stretching and balancing, then you can get meditative yoga.

How do you explain that to someone who has to adhere to this line of thinking:

Whatever health instructors may say to the contrary, yoga does not stop with physical exercises.

The Society has drawn a distinct line: Yoga is not for Christians (read JWs). Period. It does not allow for just the exercise or stretching aspects of it. It has declared that practising yoga in any fashion is wrong.

Any JW who subjects themeselves to the authority of the Society has to shun any kind of yoga.

I atually like how the Society has taken such a hard stance on this. I know several JWs who have taken yoga classes or use the yoga stretching/breathing exercises on the Wii Fit program. By doing so, they are disobeying. Period. This has not been declared a conscience matter.

To a reasonable thinking person, it's obvious that one can use yoga exercises for good health. Show a dub that enjoys yoga exercise the Society's condemnation of this activity and you can create a conundrum in their thinking.

It's a little thing, not even a doctrinal issue, but it can help a free thinking person to start to question the Society's authority.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

One time a demon tried to enter my body and torture me by forcing me into his painful "downward dog" position. Evil!

• blondie
    blondie

It makes me think of pinatas and luaus.

• minimus
    minimus

Is yogurt ok??

• undercover
    undercover

depends on what culture you're in...

• minimus
    minimus

OH UNDERCOVER.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Yoga increases flexibility, strengthens muscles, lowers blood pressure, and provides relaxation.

DUH! Of course dubs would be against that. It's good for you; therefore, it's "bad" for you.

• ninja
    ninja

heckler ......the unconscious comedian said......"Man they are really stretching it on this one."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit