Did You Feel Better After Confessing Your Sins To The Elders?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I would sit amazed at BOE meetings listening to elders give EVERY DETAIL about conversations they had with a particular man, even statements made YEARS before! They would hold every statement and situation up for scrutiny. I HATED THAT SO MUCH!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I confessed to God in my prayers but never to humans........

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, you might've been responsible then, for not allowing the "free flow of Jehovah's spirit".

• blondie
    blondie

more likely free flow of elder BS

• minimus
  • My Struggle
    My Struggle

No I did not feel any better with God. When I told the elders I felt that I had fulfilled an obligation, thats all.

• jws
    jws

I felt I had to confess. I was seeing a JW girl from another state. Well, we didn't go all-the-way, but...

Anyway, at some point, I think she wasn't feeling the relationship anymore and suddenly felt guilty. She was going to confess to her elders.

Now I might have been a bit naive about the way this all works, but I was assuming her elders would contact my elders. And if they didn't hear it from me first, it would go worse for me. So, I dragged myself into confession.

Before going to the JC, I did take the time to research disfellowshipping. I didn't want to be DFed because of my JW family. I looked in the old indexes (before the CD) and read all of the articles I could find about what they were looking for in order to disfellowship. I felt I played the part well and to my astonishment, I wound up on private reproof!

When I found out I couldn't give talks, answer at meetings, etc., I felt great! There was no embarassing announcement and I didn't have to do the things I hated to do and they called it a "punishment"!!! For me it turned out awesome!

I think my girlfriend wound up with the same verdict. She, unfortunately had her uncle on the JC.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I wrote a letter to the elders letting them know that my ex-husband had grounds to remarry. I thought it would be the kind thing to do and I felt it was safe to do since I had not been to a meeting or had any association with any witnesses for two years. However, they hounded me for a year to meet- I refused, so they announced me as Df'ed without even telling me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit