Watchtower & Awake Subscriptions

by Amazing 27 Replies latest jw friends

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Ozzie:

For someone who has been around for as long as you have, your comments in the post above demonstrate you have little or no understanding of what occurred after CTR's death.

The WTS version of events is far more accurate than yours.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

I suppose that means you do understand, but that you just prefer to LIE!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello MAp,

sorry for the question, but did you ever

"browse" CTR's will? Or what about the special edition

ZWT of December 1916??

Dont't be upset ..it is only a question.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I have a question and I am not sure that this has been raised:

If the Watchtower and Awake magazines state on their inside covers "Subscriptions available in these languages" and provides details for informing them of forwarding addresses, doesn't that make the publisher obligated to provide subscriptions?

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Mac:

I'm not upset with the question, just surprised you would think that I would throw down the gantlet without being prepared to defend my position.

• Scully
    Scully

Uncle Jimbo writes:

My elder father told me the Society ships their congregation literature orders to Rochester (Henrietta) assembly hall (over 100 miles away). Then, some poor local brother has to make the 4 hour drive (once a month) so the congreation can get their literature. Supposedly every congreation in the area has similar arrangements. Anyone else heard of this?

I guess there was a retired MS who faithfully made the trip until he died. Now the congregation gets literature every 2 or 3 months. Spiritual food at the proper time, I guess. And given the cost of shipping, it probably would be cheaper for the Society to use it's own trucks.

My dad used those regular trips to the Assembly Hall as an excuse for a "family outing". They were the most "unfun" two hour long round trips, as it was "serious Kingdom business". He was a ministerial servant at the time (an elder now) and I know he was still doing it at least 3 years ago. Not only does the Society get to ship using its own trucks to a central depot (which cuts costs tremendously), they also have willing volunteers who are willing to give freely of their own time and resources (which don't count as "donations" as far as Revenue Canada is concerned), and torture their children in the process.

Sheesh, now that I think of it, whenever we needed "recreation", Dad would find some "Kingdom business" for us to do. Most parents would rent a movie or take their kids to the park. Even our so-called vacations were spent at assemblies.

Jehovah's Witness families keeping the "FUN" in dysfunctional.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Also as mutch as they might want to keep on printing magazines if they dont have the money they cant.These past months ive been in two big citys and in both places on the carts they have been giving away a teaching book printed in 2006 and the OLD VERSION of the "what does the bible really teach"In one city they had one whole trolley full of old books

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit