Dad passed away...

by jws 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Wow, a beautifully written tribute for your dad, and I think a very important piece of writing for yourself as well. Good for you.

My mom is 86 and still a JW. None of us kids are, most never were, and the two that were are now both DFed, which includes me. I've been taking this time to talk with all my siblings about how we should handle things when Mom passes away. She's hardly at death's door - she easily passes and acts like someone decades younger - but I know it will come.

For me, she's still in a Hall where I was a super-elder for many years, so I think it will be more difficult. I'm just trying to be prepared.

Your dad sounded like a good guy, and I'm glad you had some time with him in these last years.

S4

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sorry that you lost your dad, obviously a person that you and others loved a great deal. I am very happy that you had a good dad-who raised good sons:)

Losing someone who is very old or ill is bittersweet-because you don't want this person that you love so much to leave the earth-but you don't want them to suffer for your comfort in knowing they are still there. It seems like a good time for him, so I hope that you take comfort in that he lived a good, long life and died with respect and good friends and a loving family. That is more than many ever get out of life, so he was blessed and so were you.

Shelly, with my condolences

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Sorry about your Dad, he sounded like a good man. Enjoy your own family knowing you won't have this barrier with your children. Take care.

• sarahle102@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

i'm so sorry to hear that, but you should cheer up

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I'm so sorry for your loss..even tho we know it may happen some day it is still a very sad time for us.

And you mentioned your weekly phone calls to your Dad..I too talked with my Mom EVERY Sunday..even tho we may have seen each other during the week or talked or even saw each other Saturday night..we always talked on Sunday.

Do you know it is over 20 years later and on Sunday's I STILL feel like I am supposed to call her?..I don't suppose it will ever go away.

Hugs..Snoozy..

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your dad seemed very sincere. He tried his best, and that is something that is good to say about anyone in this life.

It is hard. Very hard. I have lost both of my parents. Mom died last April. I used to talk to her every Saturday night, and now, yes, I still want the phone to ring......

• chicken little
    chicken little

So sorry for your loss and for your childrens loss....it is understandable that you have such mixed feelings.

I have a garden were I have planted some lovely flower, rose bushes....these I view as my relatives...the birds that visit also. I find it soothing and makes me happy to think of them.

Much love

Chicken Little and family

• Mary
    Mary

I'm really sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Death is always hard, but I think it's harder on us because as Witnesses, we were taught and believed that we would never have to face death either for our elderly relatives or ourselves.

• jws
    jws

Thank you all for your thoughts and condolences.

He will be missed, but watching him decline wasn't easy either. Fortunately, we all have a lot of good memories to look back on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit