Double whammy for Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism!

by Chalam 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

JWs teach that the Father created Jesus who was the angel Michael and Jesus is "mighty god" (NWT Is 9:6) and "a god" (NWT John 1:1).

However, read this verse.

Isaiah 43:10 (New International Version)

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.

There is no way the WT teaching can be true in light of this or even the Mormon teaching that we will all be Gods.

The only explanation is that Jesus and the Father are one John 10:30 and that Jesus is God John 20:28, Philippians 2:5-7, Matthew 1:23

Want more proof?

Isaiah 44:8 (New International Version)

8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
    Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
    You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
    No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

That Rock is Jesus, see here

1 Corinthians 10:3-4 (New International Version)

3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

And here

1 Peter 2:4-8 (New International Version)

The Living Stone and a Chosen People
    4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says:
    "See, I lay a stone in Zion,
    a chosen and precious cornerstone,
    and the one who trusts in him
    will never be put to shame." [ a ] 7 Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
    "The stone the builders rejected
    has become the capstone, [ b ] " [ c ] 8 and,
    "A stone that causes men to stumble
    and a rock that makes them fall." Don't trip up on who Jesus is.

All the best,

Stephen

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Imaginary gods with fairy tale sacred texts.

• yknot
    yknot

So are you promoting a "godhead" or that Father and son are actually one being (not 3 in a godhead)?

Hmm...... only Judaism and Islam have actual singular deities.....

Thus Jesus at best is a prophet and at worse a blasphemer as accused by the Pharisees.

Not all JWs are 'strict' on the Jesus/Michael thing either.....

Yknot....... of the still happy to be an Arian class.

• New light for you
    New light for you

ya. too bad the bible is all lies, or else you'd be on the money.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Steve,

The only explanation is that Jesus and the Father are one

I disagree.

There is at least one other option.

Have you ever considered the possibility that religious writings may be nothing more than man's view of God, not God's view of man?

It is a warm night here in New Zealand. I am going to spend the evening watching for the pixies in my garden.

I know they are here. I have seen the evidence.

Cheers

Chris

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Where is the Flying Spaghetti Monster in this?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

"Have you ever considered the possibility that religious writings may be nothing more than man's view of God, not God's view of man?"

Possibly, but the main question for me is who is Jesus?

After all, he is the most famous person ever in history and the bible, which is the main book concerning him, is the biggest seller of all time. Either you give credence to the bible and its claims or just dismiss it as hogwash and get on with your life. Obviously there are many that choose to do the latter but there are quite clearly hundreds of millions alive today who do the former. Either we are deceived or deluded in our claims that Jesus is the absolute truth and should be doing something else with our lives or we are indeed on the right road?

All the best,

Stephen

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    we are deceived or deluded in our claims that Jesus is the absolute truth and should be doing something else with our lives

Amen. Praise the FSM!

• Chalam
    Chalam

1 Corinthians 1:18-25 (New International Version)

Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
    18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:
    "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
    the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

Time will tell if we are deluded or saved by the power of God. After all.

Hebrews 11:1-3 (New International Version)
    By Faith
    1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

All the best,

Stephen

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I can't believe that anyone still cares about this crap. W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit