What is your favorite part of the Pacific Crest Trail?

by Kudra 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

What a great pic, bekbks- it is unusually clear! Nice blue colors.

• beksbks
    beksbks

It was the most beautiful fall day, and I had (for me) an awesome 8.something camera. I have the newer version, and I love it. Amateur me.

• Kudra
    Kudra

what is an 8.somehting camera?

• Kudra
    Kudra

I was hoping to hear a bigfoot tail from Flipper!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hehe, my current camera is a 10.0 mega pixel

The one that took that pic was .........something less. Great little camera. I love it, I wish one of these photographers would school me, but in the meantime, I enjoy the heck out of what I can do.

Here's another from that group

CIMG0944.jpg picture by beksbks

• watson
    watson

What a great place. Nice shots Beks.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I have always been interested in going and doing a canoe tripthrough the cypress swamps... neat-o. --Did you know that the cypress trees, even though they live in the water record flood events in their rings? The fresh influx of water has different oxygen isotope values and those are incorporated into their rings. See?? you live in an AWESOME place...

Thanks, I do. And the wildlife here is incredible where I live.One of these winters I will do the whole remote Wilderness Waterway. It is a week or more and winds from Everglades City to Flamingo. Several ecosystems. I'll bet you have never sat quietly in a drifing canoe or kayak and had a manatee come up for breath a paddle's length away or a gator as long as your boat eye you suspiciously as you paddle past. Some campsites along the waterway are beach, some are inland sites, and some are floating chickee huts. If you ever come I will lend you my canoe. Or I can take you. And it IS beautiful. It is....home. But I only see mountains when I leave Florida, so it is a treat for me.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sorry Kudra, I know I'm hijacking, but......................

The Great Wall

CIMG0794.jpgCIMG0811.jpgThe first pic is from a cab on the way

• Satanus
    Satanus

Kudra

' I hear biking from bed and breakfast to bed and breakfast is a great way to go, stop in at pubs and distilleries along the way as well.'

It sounds like a great way to see the emerald isle. Pics i've seen of it paint really beautiful.

S

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have hiked nearly 30 miles of it in different regions. My favorite is through the Lassen Park area and also the sections by Mount Maclaughlin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit