Any cowpokes here? Got a calf question...(gross - ladies don't look)

by ataloa 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ataloa
    ataloa

I just got back from helping to put out some hay, which I've done for three years and I just saw something I've never seen before. A cow had to go #1 and her young calf stuck his face into it midstream and got a drink. Now, I thought I'd see him shake his head and spit and sputter, but instead he went back for seconds.

Anyway, just wanted to know if this was common cow behavior?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Yes, I think it's normal behavior simply cos the lil tyke doesn't know any better yet. It looks like it's coming from the same milk bottle, so innocent tyke being in the way of it....just thinks it's apple juice this time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hell, some PEOPLE go back for seconds:

• White Dove
    White Dove

My 2 year old drank water from the toilet with a straw. It's just baby behavior and that was its mommy. Tyke didn't know any better

• bennyk
    bennyk

A sexually mature buck (male GOAT) makes himself attractive to the does by urinating on his own forelegs and beard.

A doe entices the buck by squatting and urinating in front of him. The buck then tongues the stream of urine...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Haven't we all seen that National Geographic episode? It's true. They pee all over themselves to attract the ladies.

• wobble
    wobble

I tried that and ..............

• ataloa
    ataloa

You tried what, wobble, doing it or drinking it?

I'll take the ladies' words for it that it's baby behavior, and our cows are not just weird. My guy's had cattle for 30 years and he's never seen it either.

My 2 year old drank water from the toilet with a straw

Well isn't that a problem-solving little tot?

Thanks for all the responses.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I grew up around farm animals and witnessed behavior like that all the time.

Sylvia

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ghandi used a shot glass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit