Please lurkers, members - watch this National Geo Movie....

by AK - Jeff 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

And if you can, keep this Btt'd for a while?

I am a cult-survivor. I don't watch too many of these presentations nowadays. I am 90% healed now. Many here are in the same position. Most things dealing with cults are of little interest to me these days. I stumbled on this and could not walk away. The parallels with my cult experience under the influence of Jehovah's Witnesses were unmistakable, and in retrospect, frightening. If you are just a lurker - Please look at this film. Listen to the comments of the experts interviewed. They never mention your religion specifically, unless you are part of the 32 member group in NM that is examined.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Inside-a-Cult/101846/948495284/Inside-a-Cult/videos?autoPlay=false

Please btt and comment. This needs to be seen by every active Jw, Mormon, etc, who might visit here.

Jeff

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My goodness, I never even heard of this one before!

BTTT

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Towards the end of the video, a little girl(Yield? Hiliah?) said "Yes, I've been brainwashed, Michael washed my brains of all my corrupt and evil thoughts" (not exact quote, but the gist of it).

Remember as a JW when you said that? YIKES.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I can't seem to get it to load. I think I've seen the programme on the National Geographic channel though.

• startingover
    startingover

I saw it when it was broadcast and I was wishing my JW wife could have seen it. Isn't it interesting how he worked sex into the whole game and how the women and their husbands went along with it.

Apparently he tried it with a girl too young and now he's in jail.

The reaction to the stroke of midnight on the predicted date is enough to really see the level of mind control going on. It's like they were oblivious to the reality of what had happened. The children refusing to leave with their parents who had figured it out is probably out of the realm of understanding to most people on this planet, but as exJW's, especially those of us who have friends and family still involved it's all too real.

Thanks for the link.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"leaders will make prophecies and the prophecies don't materialize and the followers, for the most part, stay. Rather than give up their belief to go with reality, they will somehow 'shift' their view of reality to match their belief" Dr. Jan Lalich (?)

"There is something very motivational about the end of the world being around the corner. cult leaders use it as a rallying cry. . .to get their membership more focused. You will prove yourself to be worth to be saved if you just. . .believe in a true enough way. "

Seems very familiar.

• JWdaughter
  • Berean
    Berean

I just watched the program through the link above.

Excellent presentation and I recommend that people watch it. There are many parallels to the thinking of JW's.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Lately I've been giving up any hope of my family of origin seeing the folly in the WTS. This video just confirms for me that I need to put them behind me and get on with my life without them, entirely.

Interesting that David Koresh, this Michael nut in the video, and Charles T. Russell, all came out of the Adventist movement. Makes you wonder about the 7th Day Adventists today.

StAnn

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I can't get it to work and I'd really like to see it. Is it available any where else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit