Soon, you'll be able to live eternally...

by Nicolas 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Sorry for the misleading title. It's just that the Jehovah's Witnesses may soon have a competitor in their search for eternal life. Biologist like Aubrey de Grey and a few others, are working to find way to extend life expectancy to 1000 years and beyond. He's still far from his goal but he's claiming that nothing of what we know from biology today, can prevent him from achieving it. I still don't know how he's going to reset the cellular clock (telomerase) which limit cells division to a fixed number. If I ever get really old because of this breakthrough then the 12 years I wasted in the Watchtower during my childhood, won't matter so much.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/09/end-of-aging.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4003063.stm

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Your lucky if you only wasted 12 years of your life with the Wactower.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they get it perfected before the companies are satisfied and then petition the FDA from further refining the process, it will effectively do what the Washtowel Slaveholdery promised. Having to take a course of medication every 40 or 50 years to reset the biological clock is better than having to waste your whole life in field circus and then having everything you do be what you are told to, forever.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

They would have to change the retirement age if this happens.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

BTS

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Instead of changing our age of retirement we could just ditch completely retirement. Why not spend 30-40 years in a job we love, then if we want a break we take our economy and we live 10-15 on it, enjoying live and doing whatever we want and when we are ready, we can start to study in a new field to start a new career or we can go back in the field we were before.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

ThaT makes a lot of sense, Nicolas. Extended lifespans will require a different way of thinking.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit