Tornado

by crapola 16 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

Well, Tuseday night was a scary night. The F4 tornado tore through my little town killing 8 people. I am so sad over this.

Luckily, my house is ok but it passed only about 1/4 mile or less away from me. I have all kinds of stuff in my yard from the homes that were destroyed. Who would think that we could have tornados in the winter time?

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am glad that you are allright.

• hubert
    hubert

I have never seen a tornado up close, but last night, I dreamt of one, and it was one of my scariest dreams!

I hope I never have a true experience.

So sorry to hear about your neighbors. I am happy to hear you made it through okay, though.

Hubert

• megaflower
    megaflower

So sorry for what you wentr through. The local cong of JW's will be knocking on doors this weekend citing "critical times hard to deal with". Jerks!! They need to roll up thier sleeves and really help.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

crapola...

I have seen video of the damage...all I can say is wow...

...and I would never live in a mobile home or MH park.... just saying...

.....glad you are ok...sadly, if anything had happened to you, would we on JWD have ever known? crapola

Snakes ()

ps mega....looking at a map...no KH in that little town...the nearest kingdumb hell is only a few miles away in the nearest bigger town.... lets hope the dubs do the right thing (but not holding my breath).... and as much as we cant stand the religion, lets hope the dubs themselves are safe.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Very early start for the tornado season. Hope it doesn't portend things to come. Could you hear the tornado, crapola? Was it that close? Glad you and yours are OK.

Several years ago we had an F3 tornado come through a town about 9 miles from here. Tore up a development. Several critically injured; I don't think anyone died. This was in Pennsylvania. Occasionally, we get them here. You're right in the "alley."

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Glad you are ok,

purps

• crapola
    crapola

Hi Snakes,, If anything ever happens to me, you will all know. My son is an avid poster here. And thank you so much for saying that.You know, I don't personally know any one on here but I consider you all my friends.

So thanks to all for responding.

Parakeet.. I was working, so was'nt home when the tornado went through. I thought we would never get home, there was so much debris in the road. I did see a funnel while looking outside. The lightening lit the sky and I saw it. It was moving away from us.

• Quandry
    Quandry

So glad you are O.K. and so sorry to hear about the others in your town.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Wow, Crapola! So glad to hear you are OK.

When I had my first tornado experience....I suspected something unusual was happening...but I did not realize it was a tornado until after it was over.

I had noticed black clouds moving quickly across the sky...but I did not see a "twister" form. The wind howled a few times and it sounded like ghosts calling.

Then, the sky fell in on me and smothered everything. It was like a whitish/grey fog and it just suddenly settled so thick that I could not even see out of the windows.

I thought perhaps I should run to the storm cellar outside. Things just didn't feel right. I was spooked.

My dog appeared in the doorway, she ran to me and then ran back up the steps into the den....back and forth a few times like she wanted me to follow. And she was barking.

So I followed and she went into the bedroom and hid under the bed.

I felt so sorry for her being scared, so I crawled under the bed and put my arms around her and talked softly to try to calm her.

Then the house started shaking. I felt rumbles. The dog was trembling. Heck, she seemed to know more about what was going on than I did.

When it was finally all over, I went outside. There were hundred year oak trees uprooted. Debris everywhere. Fences torn down....limbs, etc.

What was surprising most of all was this weird "dead silence" ...well. .. it's not really silence. It's a pitch that seems to block out normal hearing. I did not hear limbs crack; I did not hear trees fall. And yet, here they were, felled all around me.

Guess I was lucky that time, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit