A Celebration of Love and Life

by Bonnie_Clyde 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I'm almost in tears. Just saw in the paper that my opthamologist is dying of cancer. He was one of the nicest men I've ever met. Very well traveled, intelligent, caring, giving and just plain nice.

Well there was a ceremony last Saturday at a local funeral home in his honor. 130 family members and close freinds from all over the country came to participate in this "Celebration of Love and Life." But this is unique...the doctor is still alive. The purpose of the afternoon was to celebrate his life while still living. I wish I could post the whole article, but here are a few excerpts:

"The invitation to the celebration held a written statement from the doctor that said, 'This isn't just about me. It's about all of us. The stories and details might be different but the intentions and love they express would be the same for any one of us.' Accolades, memories, and testimonials flowed freely from both speakers and guests, along with laughter and tears. 'We had scheduled the celebration to go from 1 until 4 p.m., but we had to shorten it by about an hour because he was so tired.'"

The newspaper stated this was the first service of its kind in our area, and the funeral home director isn't even sure that a service like this has ever been done anywhere.

Bonnie

Anyone here ever heard of this?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The way you describe him he has marched to a different drummer.

And he is going to keep marching to a different drummer until he leaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit