One of the greatest problems for the mankind...

by Erich 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Hey, You Know is attracting groupies!

• fodeja
    fodeja
    Hey, You Know is attracting groupies!

Well, but they aren't attractive groupies ;-)

f.

• one
    one

What is the problem if the whole world has to go back to basic living? forced to.

all present comfort, modern devices are only a few decades old...

Some countries do not have even tv

SO WHAT?

the world may end as we know it now SO WHAT?

nationalism and rivalilty going right down to the core, where not even 'loving' couples can stay together for too many years

if human race could deal with that basic problem everything else is minor.

that kind of non productive actitude "evil", do you know where is coming from?

• 4horsemen
    4horsemen

Eric,

Would you rather be living now or in a real depression ala 1929-32?

Thought so.

It is credit which eventually kills all great empires. Same will happen with United States. When? I dont know, I am not You Know. Guess I'll just have to keep on living.

Im not a evolutionist, but Darwin was right about who survives.

• Erich
    Erich

Stephanus:

>your first comment reminds me of that famous quote from the head of the US Patent office in the 1870s - something along the lines of "We might as well shut up shop - everything that can be invented has been!" <

Sorry, but this "famous" quote is wrong.
    Please take a look to the book "The End of Science" written by John Horgan.
    On page 20, Horgan calls this story "an apocryphal legend". The commissioner of patents, Henry Ellsworth, remarked in 1843 at a US-congressional- testimony as follows:

"The advancement of the arts, from year to year, taxes our credulity and seems to presage the arrival of that period when human improvement must end".

Unfortunately, Ellsworth made himself untrustworthy. He asked for extra funds to cope with the flood of inventions he expected in agriculture, transportation and communication; and 2 years later he expressed pride at having expanded the patent office…

Actually, Ellsworth was a visionary. He anticipated the argument, that GUNTHER STENT made more than a century later:

The faster the science moves, the faster it will reach it's ultimate INEVITABLE LIMITS.

Today, we see the fulfilling of this prophecy in the breakdown of the system for protection of intellectual property, and in the crash of the New Economy. The recent troubles are only the begin.

More about the background of recent patent troubles on http://www.patentology.com/
    (currently under construction)

• fodeja
    fodeja

I don't know, Erich, but after reading your brief autobiography...could it be that you're, well, projecting personal issues on the rest of the world?

http://www.sensortime.com/biography.html

I don't claim to have read everything available on your site thorougly, but I see lots of assertions and speculation and not a lot of "backup", so to speak.

f.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit