this faded person was a "threat from the grave!"....CO says....

by oompa 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

i am sick today so spent a lot of time on jwd and saw several posts about whether or not elders would take action against a fader or not....it brought to mind an interesting and powerfully told story a CO told us that alway stuck in my head...faders should find it very interesting and i hope this does not catch on...............oompa

"A sister/mom had a daughter that was very loved in the congregation....for some reason she left the truth for a couple of years and even lived with her worldly boyfriend, but she was not disfellowshipped and her family did not shun her in any way....the elders did not complain as she was deemed to be "no threat to the congregation," and many in the congregation did not shun her either since she was perceived as "no threat to the congregation"....even the elders liked her and talked to her everytime she came to the memorial....very friendly with her.....life was good and this went on for years....it was as if she was was still part of the congregation....not a threat at all. This sounds like a happy, wonderful arrangement doesn't it friends? No pain, no discomfort, no problems at all for this former servant of Jehovah, or her family or congregation. Then she died in a traffic accident.

Everyone was devastated, the family and those in the congregation. But what did the family now want? A funeral service at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses! Well the elders discussed it and looked into the matter and it was just not possible as she had been living in sin and was no longer part of the Christian Congregation, and so the family was informed of this. The ENTIRE FAMILY and many of her closest friends in this congregation were so stumbled by this that they have never been in the Kingdom Hall again! Satan certainly won a victory here! FROM THE GRAVE THIS FORMER SISTER WAS A THREAT TO THE CONGEGATION!!!!!! (big applause)....These elders FAILED to protect their flock! God will decide if they are now blood-guilty."....you could have heard a pin drop............................oompa

kinda curious if anyone else ever heard this dramatic story

• parakeet
    parakeet

"These elders FAILED to protect their flock! God will decide if they are now blood-guilty."

Oh, I think that's been decided already by the gb. In dubdom, you're guilty until you can prove you're innocent, and often not even then.

"FROM THE GRAVE THIS FORMER SISTER WAS A THREAT TO THE CONGEGATION!!!!!!"

If the elders had allowed the KH funeral, there would have been no threat to anyone. In fact, given their treatment of her while she was alive, it should have been an obvious and kind decision to allow it. As usual, it was the WTS's "loving" rules that caused the mischief, and as usual, they're blaming it on everyone but themselves.

All of this assumes, of course, that the story is real and not another fairy tale concocted by the WTS.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Forget to add, oompa, that I'm sorry you're ill and hope you feel better soon.

I'm a 30-year-veteran fader, so I'm not worried in the least if the elders decide I need some "spiritual aid." BRING IT ON.

• besty
    besty

if the daughter was not disfellowshipped that implies she was at one time baptised?

the loving thing to do would have been to summarily execute disfellowship her at the time of her wrongdoing normal behaviour becoming apparent.

it's all a matter of setting the congregations expectations in the first place.......

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Beatlejuice!

Beatlejuice!

Beatlejuice!

• watson
    watson

No wonder bros are shying away from "eldership." What a load.

• oompa
    oompa

wow.......elsewhere...quite an honor...but....beatlejuice?....luv the movie, but dont get the connection...sorry i am slow...do expound....oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A threat from beyond the grave? Hardly. All the flock would have had to do was to think independently, and no one would ever have been "stumbled" in the first place. Independent thinkers cannot be stumbled because someone else is doing something questionable and remaining in good standing--rather, they decide whether a course of action is good, bad, or neutral for themselves regardless of whether or not others are doing it.

And no, I do not associate with Jehovah's Witlesses. I have in fact disfellowshipped the organization for initiating force, threats of force, and fraud. The threat is that one or more of them will have the stupid idea of dragging me back in the Kingdumb Hell. About all they can think of is getting me back into their cancer. Wasting my time in field circus, worrying about making all the boasting sessions, worrying about whether that L.L.Bean's suit is stumbling others toward materialism (even though it might last 50 years or more instead of 3 months), and having to wonder if play-sliding on the ice is going to stumble someone.

I would rather undermine their beliefs now--by exposing the fact that the religion is based on the Original Sin fraud. God wants to control man. God invents a story about Original Sin. God enslaves all man in that "sin". God provides an imaginary way out of that "sin". God enslaves man for providing that way out. Regardless of the details, that is the scaffolding on which all religion is built. If people see that scam and decide to leave religion, they are never going to go back--and for sure, that is a greater "threat" to the livelihood of Ted Jaracz than anyone that "stumbles" others from beyond the grave.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

>>> The ENTIRE FAMILY and many of her closest friends in this congregation were so stumbled by this that they have never been in the Kingdom Hall again!

I love a story with a happy ending!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I thought it said threat from the gravel needa get my eyes checked lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit