How Many Here Had To Go Into "The Backroom"?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Were you ever called into "The Backroom"? Why???

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes.

For secretly meeting with a disfellowshipped one to encourage him. We read the daily text together.

This disfellowshipped person walked over a mile to the Kingdom Hall for every single meeting, and no one would give him a ride, not even his parents. I was prompted to go encourage him the day I saw him walking to the hall in the pouring rain, and all of the good "Christians" passed him on the road, including my mother who was driving.

It truly was a stunning display of what Jesus would NOT have done.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Sister fokyc was ordered to the back room for saying another sister was a liar.

It has since been firmly established that the other sister was indeed a liar, BUT now the elders will not speak to Sister fokyc.

Strange isn't it?

fo kyc

• Dune
    Dune

Once, to be told that i was no longer to be collecting the contributions after the meetings (the ministerial servant i used to work with was becoming an elder, so he had to train another MS to take his place, you have so many other responsibilities so this isn't really a demotion or anything, blah blah blah).

Once, because i had handed a mic to someone i didnt know was on private reproof, i didnt know, i should have asked someone, yada yada yada.

Lastly, i witnessed a brief scuffle between an older MS and a young brother in his early 20's. The elders just wanted to know how much i heard and how it effected me. The older MS lost his position, moved to another congregation, got it back. The younger brother soon left and joined the army. I heard he was special ops.

• minimus
    minimus

WOW! ....being counseled for imitating Christ,.

• oompa
    oompa

hand raised high and waving to be commented on.............and duh....sex stuff (hey this is oompa)

• minimus
    minimus

Dune, too bad he didn't throw em a good beatin'.

How were you affected? They needed to know because if you were stumbled, the MS coulda been demoted (too).

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Yes. To find out if I had celebrated christmas with my father when I was 10. For my hair being too long. To find out if I had written songs using the elders names in them in a negative way.

• minimus
    minimus

Songs?? Didya?? What did you say??

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I actually didn't write any songs with the elders in it. However the way I write songs is I'll play a guitar part and start singing random phrases until some idea comes to mind or a phrase strikes my fancy to build the rest of the lyrics around. So in a way when I was writing a song I randomly sang verses with some elders names in them, but I never played them publically it was when I was home alone between classes. So I was rather thrown aback because I had no idea how they would know I even did something like that. The song ended up being completely different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit