Faith

by Jackyboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jackyboy
    Jackyboy

Hi,

I was a regular Christian before a Jehovah's Witness person came knocking on my door. I did not know what a Jehovah's Witness was when I met her.

She's a very nice person, and brings her 14 year old daughter everytime. She says I should not watch TV, and should not listen to music, and should not play video games, because they will corrupt me, because they are what devil has created.

My friend told me that they are extremests and he is very worried about me being in contact with Jehovah Witness people (As you can see, I'm not too sure of how to address them either). Anyway, I don't want her to come anymore, but I don't really know how to put it, since she is certainly very dedicated, and look forward very much to my conversion.

I want to tell her that I don't want to follow Jehovah's Witness without hurting her feelings, what do I do?

I tried contact watchtower, but all they said was that they'll get one of their witness people to contact me, which is the last thing I want, 'cause I want to seperate completely, not having another witness person knocking at my door.

Hope someone can help me.

Regards
    Jack

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Geez Im startin to feel like an agony aunt here...
    Uh, well, from long experience I can only tell you that there is no way to be nice about breaking off contact with a cult.
    They WILL NOT take no for an answer.
    Youre just gonna have to be blunt.
    Theyll say, "But WHY dont you want to talk about it"?
    And youll have to say "I dont WANT to talk about why I dont want to talk about it".
    These people rely upon your social nicety to convert you. Noone likes to be rude, and they put you in a position where you HAVE to be rude to get away from their clutches.
    Dont feel bad about it, Always remember, theyre only CULT members.
    They dont REALLY love you.
    And whatever you do, dont ever get involved with the Mormons
    if THEY come to your door, if you think the Witnesses are hard to get rid of ...sheesh!

• avengers
    avengers

Just ask her if she knows anything about the relationship that the WT has with the UN. The witnesses aren't supposed to talk about it. If they do they can be reprimanded. So keep asking and they'll go away.

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • nelly136
    nelly136

well you can do it the old fashioned way
    'sorry I'm just not interested and I would rather you didnt call anymore, and no its no open to discussion'
    or you can use one of their best kept secrets, write direct to your local
    kingdom hall, stating plainly that you want off of their
    territory list and any further calls from them will be
    classed as harrassment and dealt with accordingly,
    that way you should have a jw free zone for a whiles at least
    nelly

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

You could always say "Im a worshipper of Satan" , they would flee before that one.
    Better still say "Im disfellowshipped", unless they're a pastor in the church you wont see them for dust. It worked for me the other month.

• Jackyboy
    Jackyboy

I don't really want to say anything harsh, 'cause she always bring her 14 year old girl, saying 'I'm a worshipper of Satan' is like saying 'There's no such thing as Santa Claws(sp?)'.

Anyway, refiner's first response is probably what I'm going to do, but I still can't put my finger on it.

"Just ask her if she knows anything about the relationship that the WT has with the UN" - What's WT and UN? If this works, then this will probably be my best Bet!

Regards
    Jack

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

WT=watchtower and UN = united nations. The WT has said for many years that that UN is the beast talked about in revelations and that we should have no part of it, but they joined the UN as Non govermental organization. They just pulled their membership because it was exposed in england.

I think you should just tell her...Hey I am not comfortable studying with you anymore. I do not like you telling me the things I can and cannot do, I do not feel it is your place to judge me like that. Please do not call back on me...

I hope this helps....

• Angharad
    Angharad

Here is a link to Zev's site if you want to read up about WT/UN

. http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69/

There are also a lot of threads on here relating to it, if you do a search on UN over the last few months.

• logical
    logical

Ask them why you have to wait for THEIR approval before you get baptised. Ask them why you are not baptised in the Father, Son & Holy Spirit, but into the organisation.

Ask them why they show hatred towards disfellowshipped people.

Ask them why they teach those who die at Armageddon will not be ressurected, when Rev 19 shows only the beasts being thrown into the "firey lake".

Ask them why you have to go through the Organisation to get to CHRIST, when you should go to Christ directly.

Ask them why the WT was in bed with the UN. Ask them why the GB abandoned the flock to the WT. Ask them why so many doctrinal flip flops and changes.

Ask them why Paul is so important. Ask them why you must obey each and every law THEY make up. Ask them why are they in the seat of Moses? Ask them if Jesus did not warn against those who seat themselves there. Also, ask them if Jesus did not warn against those who preach "the due time has approached" Luke 21:8

And dont take their bullshit, make them answer ONLY from their bible. Not from the Watchtower twisted literature, which isnt needed at all. If they insist on using their literature, then im sure you can find plenty of disgusting articles from older magazines which are STILL CURRENT LIGHT!

That should get rid of them, or hopefully set one or both of them on the path out of that twisted and adulterous system.

• moman
    moman

Jack, invite them to a "virgin sacrifice", just kidding.
    They coun't on you not doing independent research & try to suck you in by phony fellowship offers. I'm am not saying that some are not sincere, but never-the-less its a CULT & they are all BRAINWASHED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit