Second issue of OUR BOREDOM MINISTRY

by processor 11 Replies latest jw friends

• processor
    processor

Here is the second issue of OUR BOREDOM MINISTRY:

Show personal interest - By offering criticism: Why criticism is important to motivate people

What are your plans for the summer? Will you keep on the watch or attend the "Keep on the Watch!" district convention?

Give closer attention to God's view of blood: "New light" about the fifth primary component of blood

How to reach your material goals: Make it your aim to disassociate yourself

When will God's servants inherit the kingdom? God lives forever and ever

Reasoning with Jehovah's Witnesses: Introductions for householders

Announcements: New publications and others

http://svhelden.kilu.de/pdf/obm_02_2008.pdf

The Witchtower, Our Boredom Ministry, my life story etc.: http://svhelden.gmxhome.de/e

• reniaa
    reniaa

just as a side note why did they use the 'the witchtower' as the title, since history shows witches were in many cases people burned at the stake for heresy against the church, I find this vaguelt disturbing in usage, it maybe ironic but it isn't admirable. what is more admirable a man that spreads the word of god as he knows it with sincerity or a man who pick out that man to torment and harass him.

Romans 12:19-21 (New International Version)

19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," [a] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." [b] 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• processor
    processor
    why did they use the 'the witchtower' as the title

The idea behind that title was the following: According to WT teaching, witches are associated with the devil, thus something detestable to God (and to Jehovah's Witnesses). But actually their own teachings are at least as demonic and occult as the pagan ones. So, instead of a tower that watches, they are a tower of demons.

Does anyone have a problem with that explanation? Should I rename the magazine to "The Washtowel"?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Processor, listen to Reniaa. She is a faithful witness of Jehovah. Whatever God's organization asks of her she strives to do. Other than regularly posting on apostate websites, that is.

• processor
    processor
    Whatever God's organization asks of her she strives to do.

But the Bible clearly says "that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule". (1. Pet. 3:3) It is my obligation to fulfill this prophecy.

• carla
    carla

It's your magazine do with it is as you wish! Your explanation is 100% correct. Don't mind reniaa she is offended at everything.

She needs to learn how to suck it up and discuss without being 'offended' and hurt or whatever is affecting her mental state at each posting. She comes to a board that she knows is filled with ex jw's or those that wish they could be but the wt holds their families hostage so they can't become an ex. She comes to a board filled with people who's lives have been severely impacted by this evil cult and cannot understand why people have hard feelings towards it? duh? I wonder?

Is it possible the exclusively jw boards don't allow her on because she is not up to speed on the constantly flip flopping doctrines? She cherry picks the doctrines she likes and tosses the rest? Is that why she comes and associates with the riff raff here? all us apostates? (or in my case only the heart of one, I don't get the official label)

It's your magazine don't let a jw apologist of all people influence your decisions.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Dingleberry aside, OBM was hilarious as usual. Keep em comin!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Reniaa says;

just as a side note why did they use the 'the witchtower' as the title, since history shows witches were in many cases people burned at the stake for heresy against the church, I find this vaguelt disturbing in usage, it maybe ironic but it isn't admirable. what is more admirable a man that spreads the word of god as he knows it with sincerity or a man who pick out that man to torment and harass him.

Romans 12:19-21 (New International Version)

19 Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," [a] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
    "If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
    if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
    In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." [b] 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Do the Watch Tower Society apply the admonition above quoted in Romans 12, or do they rather hound, harass and disfellowship those who say, for example, that they don't believe that the Watch Tower Society was chosen in 1919 as there's no Biblical evidence to support the teaching or that Christ has to be our mediator to receive forgiveness of sin and that there's no Scriptural exception?

Wouldn't it be nice if the Watch Tower Society reflected the Christ's teaching to love ones' enemies and pray for those persecuting you?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Go ahead and use "Witchtower" if you feel like it. Or, "Washtowel". Any active witless that would be offended by apostate terms should not even be associating with apostates, according to their Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Oh this parody is funny...... and the publication shorthand for Our Boredom Ministry is OBM.... so I will go meditate on the fine spiritual points of this new publication.....while taking a dump.

Snakes (:....)

ps... regarding a certain unnamed poster, I still dont understand why someone that is still obviously pro-JW posts on this board when they know damn well this is considered an apostate site by the Society.... and if they are posting that means they have to be a member of said apostate site...... lol...ah well, the irony cracks me up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit