I never thought about jealousy

by metatron 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Metatron,

I share your feelings. Please read I Corinthians 13:1-3. The new man in Christ is not the old man left behind. His main identity is to love.

You shared with those that did not love, nor were they impelled to love beyond being a natural earthly man. The Holy Spirit is a necessity in being the new man in Christ. You did not see it from these associations.

I really believe the WT forum really drastically grieves the Holy Spirit. As such, the Holy Spirit does not work within a group.

You can now be free in Christ if you so choose. You can really now undertake to understand the true behaviors of love, the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
    Don't hold back to find who you can be, or are, in Christ now. You are no longer in bondage to an organization.
    I feel it is by God's grace that I am no longer a Witness, but rather a born-again Christian
  • Bang
    Bang

Metatron, is it really jealousy?

Jealousy is different from envy. Jealousy = close vigilance.

Envy is the discontent at another's blessing. I am jealous for God, and He is for me. I'm even jealous for jw souls, as I'm sure many here are, but I hope I don't begrudge them a blessing - that's envious (note: a good rebuke is a blessing). It was Cain's problem with Abel - he didn't like that God loved Abel. Starting to sound familiar to the WT ?

People trample them down, i.e. they are envious when seeing others as favoured or above them, and they hate that. People that don't love are thrown out of the kingdom and trampled underfoot. It's simply a truth. They aren't in the kingdom, it's in their mind, but boy, do they want that thing they've heard words about!

There is a saying, Aust., it's quite an insult, but nevertheless your certainly not the only one to notice it - "To want things like a jovy"

Bang

• avengers
    avengers

Here is something that everyone can envy.

It's called FREEDOM

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Jealousy

"Jealousy is all the fun you think they had."
    –Fear of Flying Holt, Rinehart & Winston 73
    Erica Jong

"To cure jealousy is to see it for what it is, a dissatisfaction with self, an impossible claim that one should be at once Rose Bowl princess, medieval scholar, Saint Joan, Milly Theale, Temple Drake, Eleanor of Aquitaine, one's sister and a stranger in a pink hat seen once and admired on the corner of 55th and Madison—as well as oneself, mysteriously improved."
    –"Jealousy: Is It a Curable Illness?" Vogue Jun 61
    Joan Didion

"Being with an insanely jealous person is like being in the room with a dead mammoth."
    –NY Times, 27 May 84
    Mike Nichols

"[My wife] told me one of the sweetest things one could hear—"I am not jealous. But I am truly sad for all the actresses who embrace you and kiss you while acting, for with them, you are only pretending.""
    –NY Herald Tribune, 8 Jan 60
    Joseph Cotten

"Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius."
    –Quoted by Daniel P Noonan The Passion of Fulton Sheen Dodd, Mead 72
    Fulton J Sheen

"Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little."
    –Quoted in Nat Shapiro ed Whatever It Is, I'm Against It Simon & Schuster 84
    Gore Vidal

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

metatron:

Thanks for posting this topic. I really appreciate your observations on this thought of "jealousy".

When posters here relate their JW experiences, it really helps me now as I try to put the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle of my life together.

It really helps to see more clearly, reasons for little things that happened growing up in a JW family that I haven't really thought about before.

Thanks

Had Enough

"Never doubt that a small group of citizens can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
    ...Margaret Mead

• more2C
    more2C

Interesting post Metatron!

It brought back memories of my own foolish jealousy while in the truth. A pioneer sister, who was in very good standing, in my congregation kept getting all the attention from all these good looking brothers. My "friends" and I could never understand it. She wasn't the best looking thing. We were so jealous because we were considered the "weak" ones. Anyway, this sister eventually married, divorced and became quite bitter about everything, and everyone. Since I left the truth, my feelings have softened, (one does mature with age!) and I have felt quite sorry for her and for my past feelings.

more2C

• Englishman
    Englishman

Nice one, Metatron.

Hope you don't get jealous 'cos I haven't sent you an Xmas card, but you are very non-contactable.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit