Why the WTS love to name call! Awake June 22

by ISP 28 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

If I said that the members of the Governing Body are the real apostates, would I be name-calling?

Freedom without strings attached

• ISP
    ISP

When the WTS labels opposers as 'apostate' they know their followers will not 'focus on the facts' or 'weigh the evidence for themselves'. They will say 'Thats apostate..I am not thinking about it'...It is a 'strategy' that works. They don't like it if governments label them as babykillers etc.

ISP

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

An apostate is someone who turns people away from his former faith?
    Hmmm.

"The endeavour to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy and the development of the great Papal system..." WT 9/1/1883 p.1572
    "Beware of those who try to put forward their contrary opinions." WT 3/15/1986 p.17
    ------
    The loaf does NOT picture Jesus' body, but the congregation WT 3/15/1954 p.174
    The loaf DOES picture his body. WT 1/15/1956 p.49
    -----
    Evil spirits helped make Greber's translation. WT 2/15/1956 pp110-11
    Greber cited for support - The Word booklet, 1962 p5; Make Sure book 1965 p489; Aid book 1969 p1134,p1669; WT 9/15/1962 p554; WT 10/15/1975 p640; WT 4/15/1976 p231
    We do not use Greber's translation anymore because we have "deemed it improper to make use of a translation that has such a close rapport with spiritism." WT 4/1/1983 p31
    -----
    And who is in charge of all this?
    "Jehovah's theocratically controlled organisation under the immediate direction of Jehovah God himself" WT 6/1/1965 p352 (Quoting and approving of this comment from a 1938 WT)

There is lots more of this stuff as you seem to know. But facts can have no impact unless you think about how it affects the claimed authority of the GB. Think carefully, You Know, about Farkel's comments. Whilst you undoubtedly believe otherwise, there are people here who want to help you. Before you dehumanise people using labels, ask yourself if, according to your own definition, if Jesus was not an apostate from Judaism?

Religion n.
    An organisation designed to promote atheism.

• Room 215
    Room 215

You Know (Well not really)

Your diatribe and its resort to personal insult does your religion a disservice and is unworthy of a reasoned, temporate reply.

If your definition of personal fulfilment consists of wallowing in a delusion and lashing out against anyone who has the temerity to take exception to your worldview, so be it; the contempt you ooze for all but the tiniest fraction of humanity is very much a product of the JW mindset, hardly consonant with the fruits of the spirit. You also share with your masters a penchant for both false prophecy and a virtual immunity from embarassment no matter how many times you put your foot in your mouth. But, dream on in the delusion that You Know; I won't attempt to disabuse you of your man-made fantasies.

You also labor under the misapprehension that we all bear ill will toward the Watchtower. Admitedly, many, perhaps too many; are bitter; but no small number here turned away with great reluctance and often at great personal cost, or were driven away by WT bullies who had nothing to offer when confront with hard but honest questions but ``sit down, shut up, and swallow -- or else!'' It was simple matter of facing the unpleasant facts about a costly, ill-considered choice we made along the way.

I pity you and detest what this self-adoring, man-made 120-year-old American religion has turned you into. Have a nice life.

• JT
    JT

room says:

"you do well to consider what your participation in this forum suggests about your personal regard for Jehovah's bountiful spiritual table."

#####

I have always found the jw who engages in forums like this without realizing what there merely being here says about them to be most pitied.

when ever a jw like YK comes to a forum like this he has become an apostates according to his own religions teachings, then when start to interpete scripture out of line with wt dogma he once again has become an apostate according to his own religion

i once asked YK how does he reconcile the instructions of god's mouth pc as found in 11-1-15-81 wt on hanging out with dfed and daed folks and his being here

his response was something to the effect that Jehovah had given him an Exception to be here

upon reading that reply i then realized that YK is considered a Flunky in his Hall and this is the only place where anyone will even respond to anything that he says

in his Hall the elders, co and local pub have simply written him as the wierd dude with the off the wall comments

so while i would never tell him not to post he has moved from being a serious poster for many of us to merely the class clown.

james

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi JT,

Right on, bro... can you imagine this guy as somebody's presiding overseer? As somebody's husband, father? How would you like to be his teenage son?

• Will Power
    Will Power

To quote the last elder that was in my living room....

"loyalty to the organization is more important than the truth"

I'm sure he didn't realize what he had said til he was alone in bed trying to fall asleep. What a haunting discovery.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

Jesus was an apostate too - in the eyes of the pharisees of his days
    as he did strange deeds regarding gods will.

Could it be that today there are people who keep their mind also in a "strange" way to the bible by rejecting certain "laws" of any doctine-giving group?

May be there are many apostates in the eyes of such groups.
    But in the eyes of GOD they cant be apostates as they obey to the bible.
    And the bible does not demand to baptize someone into an organization e.g.
    I am tired to write here more - you know what I mean.

Apostates may be apostates in regard to any organization but cna they be apostates in regard to god when they dont agree in certain practice?

I guess nobody can throw the stone for this fact.

wash me - but don't make me wet

• outnfree
    outnfree

You Know opined:

The thing is, the apostles had the prerogative to establish what was to be taught as doctrine. There really was no way to say for sure if the resurrection had begun except that the apostles said that it hadn't. So Hymanaeus and his apostate partner were subverting the faith of some because they were in opposition to the apostles. That's how it works in the modern era as well. The Governing Body have the responsibility of establishing what is to be taught as regards our official doctrine and policy and so forth. It is their prerogative to change that as they see fit.

The SOCIETY says:

Apostolic Succession. Definition: The doctrine that the 12 apostles have successors to whom authority has been passed by divine appointment. ... Not a Bible teaching
    So there ARE no Apostolic successors! Not in the Catholic Church or elsewhere. Why not? The SOCIETY asks and answers:

Since Jesus Christ, the head of the congregation, is alive, does he need successors?
    Heb. 7:23-25, JB: "Then there used to be a great number of those other priests [in Israel], because death put an end to each one of them; but this one [Jesus Christ], because he remains for ever, can never lose his priesthood. It follows, then, that his power to save is utterly certain, since he is living for ever to intercede for all who come to God through him."
    Furthermore,
    Claims of divine appointment mean nothing if those who make them are not obedient to God and Christ
    (Matthew 7:21-23 and Jeremiah 7:9-15 are cited.)
    Jehovah's Witnesses claim that there ARE men who have been divinely appointed in this time of the end with "the perogative to establish what [is] to be taught as doctrine" -- the "Governing Body"! (Not a Biblical term, let aloneteaching!!!). Yet,

Have the claimed successors to the apostles adhered to the teachings and practices of Jesus Christ and his apostles?

Separateness from the world
    Pope Paul VI, when addressing the United Nations in 1965, said: "The peoples of the earth turn to the United Nations as the last hope of concord and peace; We presume to present here, together with Our own, their tribute of honor and of hope." -- The Pope's Visit (New York, 1965), Time-Life Special Report, p. 26.
    John 15:19, JB: "[Jesus Christ said;] If you belonged to the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you do not belong to the world, because my choice withdrew you from the world, therefore the world hates you."
    Jas. 4:4, JB: "Don't you realise that making the world your friend is making God your enemy?"

So, with it's UN affiliation, the WTBTS has made God its enemy (and is blood-guilty for misleading its adherents by its fornication since they will share in its sins!).

Thus, finally, might the WTBTS itself fit the following definition?

Apostacy Definition: Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah's organization."

Source:Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1989

By this definition, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society is NOT, Jehovah's organization.

I fear for your very soul, You Know!

Leave. Before Armageddon. Or you may perish alongside her!

outnfree

When the truth is found to be lies
    and all the joy within you dies ...
    -- Darby Slick, Somebody to Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit