50,000 disfellowshipped, 30,000 reinstated

by Gladring 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iceguy
    iceguy

I think less df'd jw's will get re-instated with the help of the internet. I was trying to get re-instated when I stumbled across this site and others, now I can't go back!

• steve2
    steve2

Locally, I know some who have gone back and it's almost always so they can be accepted by their JW families of origin. But, overwhelmingly, the number disfellowshipped appears to far exceed those who ever go back into Kingdom Halls.

I would guess that a disfellowshipped person who has family in the religion is more likely to go back than a disfellwoshipped person whose family is not in the religion. That would be a very interesting hypothesis to test.

• iceguy
    iceguy

"Locally, I know some who have gone back and it's almost always so they can be accepted by their JW families of origin. But, overwhelmingly, the number disfellowshipped appears to far exceed those who ever go back into Kingdom Halls.

I would guess that a disfellowshipped person who has family in the religion is more likely to go back than a disfellwoshipped person whose family is not in the religion. That would be a very interesting hypothesis to test"

Yeah I think your right about that because I do not have immediate family still in so it was not as tough a decision for me to not go back.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Of the few that I knew that got DF'd,

1/2 came back and immediately faded. All except for one. The rest are gone.

The witness numbers just don't add up again. This is also true of the number of actual growth compared to how many have been DF'd, left, etc. Take into account the fifteen minute 'regular publisher' rule, and things are completely out to lunch.

Compared to global growth, the numbers are shrinking, IMO.

• oompa
    oompa

to speed up the process wt is about to offer online re-instatments........................oompa

• wobble
    wobble

I think you are right Shamus,it's always difficult with statistics,it's easier with lies or damned lies to steal from Disraeli,but even being kind and believing the WT figures,it is evident that eqiuvalent to close on half the number that come in, are leaving,and these are people who were active baptised believers,and no one in the religion at grass roots asks "What the **** is going on?"

They believe the propaganda that there is always something wrong with the person who left,never the cult.

Love

Wobble

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Interesting stats on DFs for fornication. Why not give the stats on other categories? Uh oh..........they'd have to include those DFd for apostasy, a number that is surely increasing.........

And to be completely thorough, they'd have to include faders. Somewhere in Brooklyn those numbers exist......kept under lock and key....

• shamus100
    shamus100

It would be nice if someone more learned in statistics could break it all down: Growth vs global population. I don't have time to learn statistics for that one project.

Stats of people who faded? That would be interesting to get my hands on, you get.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit