I ALMOST WEPT................................

by Warlock 13 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

rebel8:

How many people who work at nonprofits have student loans longer than 10 years?

uhhh...no one unless you are on deferrment as I am because I went back to school after making about 6 months worth of payments.

Has anyone looked at some of the numbers in the actual HR1 bill? I was trying to find a breakdown of the spending and tax cuts for an economics class but I haven't found one yet. Some numbers are crazy: up to $100 million in matching federal funds for "revitalization of the National Mall" if the private sector coughs up another $100 million. And a whole bunch of money going to National Park Service...hmmmm... a lobbyist for NPS interests has a Sr. VP for Governmental Affairs whose name is Craig Obey..... and the chairman of the Appropriations Committee and primary sponsor of the Stimulus Bill is David Obey. Hmmmm...cooincidence? No. Craig is father to David. Yet they say there is no sting pulling. Craig just asked his buddy congressman who is known for backing NPS projects to put that little bug in his son's ear for him. No direct connection that way.

Crooks. All of them. Change my a$$. Business as usual more like it.

Snakes ()

• Warlock
    Warlock

I guess my sarcasm isn't very clear.

The governement bails out financial institutions with hundreds of millions, and we get $1,553 in cash????? NO!

We get $1,553 as a credit on a car, and we may not even qualify for the loan.

Warlock

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Oooohhhh, now I get it. Thanks.

I know what you mean. Of all the billions going to Wall Street for screwing up, you'd think they could drop me $20,000 or so to pay off all my debts (including my Nissan Versa hatchback that I love). It's my own fault that I'm in debt - why shouldn't I be bailed out, too? ;-)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Anybody here drives a Kia Rondo? It seems like an extremely practical little car.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit