How Long Should One Wait Before Remarriage?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Should" is such a troublesome and bs filled word.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I don't think I will remarry. If I find someone, would try living together, maybe but not even that for quite a few years. Men seem to be able to move on faster, but not wiser.

Kit

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I got remarried about 4 weeks after my divorce was final. My father in law got remarried about a year or so after his wife had passed away. Just depends on the individual and thier state of mind at the time.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm engaged... divorce was final in November...

• Satanus
    Satanus

10 minutes.

S

• flipper
    flipper

I guess it depends on how deep the relationship was with the divorced or deceased spouse on how soon someone grieves over the divorce or death and can move on. Whether someone goes through a divorce or death with a spouse it is 2 of the most stressful things that can happen in your life - so many times it's a good thing to let your emotions grieve and catch up to your mind so as Casper said - you can think clearly. So it varies . I'd say a year or so at least in most general situations . But that is not etched in stone for everybody

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As long as you aren't hurting someone else, you should live your life in the way that suits you.

Why remarry at all? Why not revel in sweet, delicious sin?

• noni1974
    noni1974

My grandpa remarried within 6 months of my grandma dying. He got divorced a little over 2 years later. He was deleted as an elder because he divorced her. She didn't speak very good english and was abusive. She alinated everyone in my family from him. She threw away pictures of all of his kids and grand kids that had hung on the walls of his house for years. I personally found my second grade picture in the trash behind thier house. I took my picture and I still have it.

My grandpa died almost 2 years ago. Sad but he never really was close to his family again even after he divorced her. She did that much damage.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Until the one remarrying is sure it is for love, and not to fill a void.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Until the one remarrying is sure it is for love, and not to fill a void.

There you go again with your silly ideals. Here you imply that love does not fill a void. Interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit