New magottzine on Mary

by mkr32208 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok so I'm walking though my parents house (a rare event in itself) and I see a watchtower with a title called "what Mary can teach us" or "what we can learn from Mary" or some such shit. So I'm thinking what in the WORLD can this be?

Has anyone opened it? Is it "how sisters can learn to shut up and stand in the back?"

Inquiring minds need to know!

• dinah
    dinah

I read it.

It was about how Mary was guided by faith and didn't question anything. I thought they were about to give Mary some props.....but they turned it around to being about obedience to the FDS (FDS always makes me think "feminine deodorant spray" instead of faithful and discreet slave. )

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

How to keep secrets.

What to learn from Mary,

How to have the best known son EVER, without having intercourse with the daddy.

And everyone Believes it!

I did not have sexual relations.................... sound familiar?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

(FDS always makes me think "feminine deodorant spray" instead of faithful and discreet slave. )

LOL, me too.

"magottzine"

Ha, ha,I just got it!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL! @ "magottzine"!! Now that there is funny, dont care who ya are. Even a hardcore JW would have to snicker at that one.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Mary guided by faith and never questioning anything? I wonder what proof they have to offer to back this statement up--remember, they are requiring people to put their lives on these words, and they don't have any proof!

I think "Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger" whenever I see "FDS" on these forums in that context.

• Clam
    Clam

well. . . "Mary's humility, faith and obedience are worthy of imitation."

I noted "Like so many single mothers today, she faced the challenge of caring for her children without the help of a husband."

• halcyon
    halcyon

I think FLDS when I see FDS, as in that restrictive mormon cult that lives in its own little incestuous paradise world.

• loosie
    loosie

FDS

Does this spray repel faithful and discreet slave?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

There was a side column in the Mary maggotzine (another term for the JW dictionary) that claimed Mary made some changes in her religious practices. I questioned that during my study, asking for scriptural proof that she changed her views about Jewish practices. None was forthcoming, just the usual assertions and speculations. Much of the article is full of claims that have little or no support from scripture. It is poorly written and researched.

The illustration on the cover looks kind of like J-Lo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit