Interesting article on evolution

by Caedes 43 Replies latest social current

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

On what basis can you make that claim? Actions or learned abilities are not recorded in our genes.

I was thinking about epigenetic changes like the one described in my previous post on lactose tolerance. That could be the manner how cultural practices may feed back into the genome on a relativelt short time span.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Biological evolution is becoming obsolete. The Universe, Nature has implemented cultural evolution, and now technological evolution. These evolve faster and have greater potential. Both are starting to feed back into the genome. Take care of your health, there is now (I am privy to some inside info) technology that will extend the human lifespan by a multiple and improve human cognition by a multiple. The Singularity cometh, and human society will look radically different than it does today in 20 years.

BTS

• Satanus
    Satanus

It could be stopped, right now. Evolution goes in fist and starts, as alanf put it. Also, when another species evolves, the original one does not necesarily dissappear. .......

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Look at evolution. It is not just biological. The whole Universe is evolving.

The rate of change increases. To just look at human biology is miopic.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit