Is this generation just setting themselves up for disappointment with Obama!

by free2beme 38 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have heard people call Obama their "Lord and Savior" and act like having him in office is going to solve everything for the world. I honest believe, a lot of people have extremely high hopes for this man. Some deserved, as he promised and others imposed as they are desperate. In any case, if you have been around long enough with politics, you understand putting to much faith in it. So I wonder, when and how long do you think it will be for this generation to get that crash. It will happen, it always does. Deny away!

• watson
    watson

I am concerned about anyone that would call Obama their "Lord and Savior." Isn't this some sort of bible prophecy fullfillment?????

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Remember, folks killed Jesus. So, good luck.

• Odrade
    Odrade

The only people I've heard referring to Obama as "Lord and Savior," "Messiah," or "Magic," are Republicans claiming that Dems are saying that. I have yet to hear any liberals of my acquaintance using terminology like this. I agree that people have high hopes for Obama, but considering the last 8 years, I think "high hopes" translates to "please help get the country back on track."

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I have heard people call Obama their "Lord and Savior" and act like having him in office is going to solve everything for the world.

Oh my gosh! You've personally heard someone say this? Crazy.

• watson
    watson

Sounds like "Lord and Savior" may just be some right winger hyperbole?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I think he brings a level of integrity and promise at a time when its direly needed, but just every other politician over time he will come over

to scrutiny on his performance, just give it time.

Personally I think he'll do the best job possible given that the wallet of the government has been drained dry.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I'm skeptical that you actually heard someone say that Obama is their "lord and savior." That said, I recall similar sentiments being expressed about Bush. I remember someone I worked with was saying that Bush was "called by God himself." I'm guessing that you lean to the right politically, so what do you have to say about the people who believed Bush was some sort of divine savior?

I voted for Obama, knowing full well that I won't like everything he does in office, but believing that his policies would have an overall positive effect. I love how the right wing fell all over themselves to worship Bush for 8 years, then got mad when people make Obama T-shirts. For 8 years Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity were railing against people who would DARE question the president's decision, but then when someone they don't like is president, well, now it's all about protest and dissent! Just goes to show ya, when the shoe's on the other foot, people start talking out the other side of their mouth.

• watson
    watson

Hehehe, Beks.

• Berean
    Berean
    I have heard people call Obama their "Lord and Savior" and act like having him in office is going to solve everything for the world.

Really!!!! You must associate with some really messed up people. It's amazing that you can have such a fair and balanced view of Obama.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit