Why abortion shouldn't matter to a Christian

by rhett 13 Replies latest jw friends

• rhett
    rhett

First off, let me say that I am not a believer of the bible and am totally against abortion. That being said, I'll get to the point of this post.
    This is something that has bothered me even when I was a JW. Kids are judged by the holiness of their parents. People are also judged by their intentions (as in if you really do want to cheat on your spouse but just can't then its just as bad if you actually do it). If someone wants an abortion (which is basically the same as doing it) then they are guilty of murder. The child would then be judged by their parent, right? Well both of them would be guilty of murder then. I'm guessing the child wouldn't really be able to repent for this crime so really, getting an abortion is just taking the burden of having to kill someone off the hands of god.
    This is just one of the problems I have with christianity in general and especially with JW's.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    The child would then be judged by their parent, right? Well both of them would be guilty of murder then.

i'v never heard that said befor. could you explain your reasoning for this belief? is it a WT teaching?

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    First off, let me say that I am not a believer of the bible

enough said

• rhett
    rhett

Think of all the children who could have been really good kids that were killed when god's people invaded lands of their enemies and killed everyone there, including their sweet innocent children. Seems like the kids were judged by their parents wouldn't you say?

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I have never heard wanting an abortion was as bad as getting one. I think you are stretching the "committing adulterly in your heart" thing a bit much.

• ISP
    ISP
    getting an abortion is just taking the burden of having to kill someone off the hands of god.

Not sure if I got this right...but if you were to extend that reasoning you could justify killing of others per se.

ISP

• rhett
    rhett

Actually, you could probally justify just about any bad act towards someone else if you use the reasoning from the bible, twisted book that it is.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right

• donkey
    donkey

You know let's take Christians. Most Christians are pro-life (anti-abortion) etc. They claim the fetus is a human life and they also claim that humans go to heaven or at least the innocent/good ones and the bad ones go to hell. So if that is all true then aren't we doing the fetus (ah human) a favor by sending them straight to heaven and removing them from the chance of going to hell? Is heaven eternal bliss? Then aren't we sending the fetus (baby/human) straight to eternal bliss? Can Christians explain this inconsistency to me?

As I see it here are the possible logical outcomes:

1. Innocence is not enough to qualify for heaven - so then did the fetus/baby go to hell?
    2. OR We are interfering with the future free-will of the fetus/baby - if that's true what's the problem - again I ask did the baby/fetus go to heavenly bliss or to hell?
    3. OR We just don't know and Christians are looking to condemn someone for something else?

Don't hate me because I disagree with you Christians...use your logic and prove mine incorrect. I look forward to hearing from you.

Donkey

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

LOL @ donkey

I love it.

• donkey
    donkey

Reborn,

I already know what they will say.

"You are interfering with God's purpose"....

Donkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit