How Many Sit on the Fence?

by sammielee24 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I was checking out another topic and pulled off something that Wobble said.

Given that - how many of you would go back if the WTS decided to enact shunning for everybody who was not active? If tomorrow they decided that da'ing or fading or in simple terms, being inactive for any reason whatsoever, was a shunning offense - how many would start going back immediately just so their family wouldn't be cut off? How many would not go back and would instead would be willing to stand firm on their belief that the WTS is wrong in what they teach? Just curious....sammieswife.

It's amazing how many of us are in an awkward position if we do get a call coz we still have family in and we don't want to be cut offf from them.
  • wobble
    wobble

I know for myself that I could never go back whatever ! My exit was for scriptural and conscientious reasons,and as I said to my dear wife earlier today ,it's a shame.but I find I have to listen to my conscience.

My respect for what is right is bigger than my love for my family,but I do love them and if I can keep contact with them I will, but not at any cost.

As Mr Flipper said would you "swim back to the Titanic" ?

Having just climbed out of a cesspit,would you dive back in?

I think some version of forcing one to DA was on the cards,but along came the credit crunch and I think they cannot afford to lose any more contributors,so that one will be put on hold I reckon.

Love

Wobble

• asilentone
    asilentone

If I am forced to go back to the hall, I might do that to keep in touch with my JW family.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

It would actually make things easier for me. I would not go back.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Nope, I would not allow them to force me back. I don't believe they would try this anyway. It would look too harsh and cause more harm to their numbers rather than good.

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

W ould not go back!!!

Should they force the issue and obligate my extended family to shun me, I would do everything in my power to assist them to shake off the yoke imposed on them by the hierarchy. Most likely I would go public as well, to expose the dictatorial, unchristian conduct of disfellowshipping and shunning.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I could not go back even if they did that. I can't imagine myself ever going to the KH again unless it's for a funeral or wedding.

• crapola
    crapola

Well, I've never thought that DF"S was right or loving,always had a problem with it. I don't get visits from anyone now so it would'nt really be any different than it is now. My family would still speak to me, at least those would that matter. So that would'nt make me want to go back, in fact it would probably have the opposite affect.

• oompa
    oompa

I WOULD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............i would then be free without me doing anything or hurting anybody directly.........PLEASE let that happen...set me free...baby...set me free..........oompa

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm about a millimeter away from DA'ing anyway but that would tear it for sure. Mark me down for a "no go back".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit