"Jehovah blessed me when I quit smoking"

by TooBad TooSad 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Today during the Watchtower Study one sister said "that Jehovah

blessed me when I quit smoking because my asthma went away."

I just get a chuckle out of the Witnesses when they talk about how

Jehovah has blessed them for pionering, putting in extra time, quiting

a full time good paying job because I had to miss the meetings, etc.

How many people hate God and religion and stopped smoking and

now don't have asthma? Did Jehovah bless them too? I give thanks

before a meal, but I always feel guilty when I say "thank you for the

food that you have provided for our family." If that were true then

that means that Jehovah, the God of love, is holding back food for the

hundreds of thousands of people who are starving to death. There are

plenty of people who are atheist, and commit crimes, and have alot more food

and better food than what I have. Did Jehovah provide their food

for them too?

The more you think about religion the more confussing it becomes.

TooBad TooSad

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

God exists only in the minds of the religious that believe in him, his evidential where abouts have yet to be detected.

The truth of the matter is, you blessed yourself on quiting that destructive habit of health.

Give yourself a pat on the back for doing so.

• wobble
    wobble

We had two people in our Congo. who after study gave up smoking and they both GOT asthma !! ( both said to me that they were tempted to take up smoking again to seek relief !!!)

How would that sista explain that ???

Love

Wobble

• dogon
    dogon

That is the most silly circular reasoning, ad hoc, rhetoric I have heard today. She is the exact kind of idiot that the dubbers like to get into the cult. Stupid and not wanting to change her IQ from room temp. She needs to watch the YouTube Why does god not heal amputees.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My friend who I've complained about and cut off the friendship with grew up in a smokey house. When she moved to a non-smoking house, she a non-smoker got asthma. She had the worst case of breathing problems until she got used to fresh air and no smoke.

• parakeet
    parakeet

TBTS: "There are plenty of people who are atheist, and commit crimes, and have alot more food and better food than what I have."

Hmmm, maybe there is something to this "atheism" business I've been hearing about.

TBTS: "If that were true then that means that Jehovah, the God of love, is holding back food for the hundreds of thousands of people who are starving to death."

Too true. That's why there are so many atheists.

• steve2
    steve2

Jehovah really blesses a lot of people when they quit smoking - he blesses them with an increased appetite and increased waist, I mean, weight.

Let's all hail the One who permits airliners to crash and young children to die in tragic circumstances but who detects someone who quits smoking and "blesses" them" with an absence of asthma. Kind of sad and sick at the same time.

• dogon
    dogon

Most all of the prople in prisions are christians, and the second group would be Muslim. So a very small minority if any would be atheist. Christians comit most of the crime in the United States. Gota love them assholes

• dinah
    dinah

TooBad, I never thought about starving people and thanking Jehovah for food thingy.

It's always been strange to me how they see everything good as a blessing from God and every obstacle as a device of Satan.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I despise God, that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. And yet I never started smoking (because the cost exceeded any benefits), nor do I have asthma.

What is that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag going to do, force me to start smoking and get asthma now? I think a little water ought to prevent that from happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit