What if?- A sobering Thought!

by Bill Parker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Has anyone ever pondered over the two scripture's at Matthew 25: 31, 32 and Daniel 12:1? The first tells us that the Son of Man is "sitting down" ... and that then a "separating" work begins.

Then in Daniel 12:1 it tells us that when Michael "Stands up" a great time of trouble ensues.

Do you think it's possible He is not yet "standing up?" That the time of trouble made reference to here,has not yet begun? That the separating work still continues now?

Is it possible that right now we are all unknown to ourselves being judged worthy of either life or death based on our conduct actions and word's? Isn't it true that that day was to come as a "thief in the night", to take us all by surprise? At that time hasn't the judgment been going on and now completed?

Will any of us be able to say that we didn't know these things?
    What if? A sobering thought isn't it?

• Pathofthorns
  • Satanus
    Satanus

The last time i saw michael jackson, he was niether sitting nor standing, he was dancing. You would probably be a safe sheep if you had all of his albums.

SS

• Bill Parker
    Bill Parker

Pathofthorns: {Proverbs 24:12}

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

what is the point you are trying to make?

• Seeker
    Seeker

Why would this be a sobering thought? Don't you live your life the same way regardless, living it in as worthy a manner as you can? I do, and I have nothing to be ashamed of should a God ask me, "What have you been doing?"

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Seeker, I agree. Same here.

ashi

• rhett
    rhett

I might be worried if I believed in the bible. Seeing as I don't I couldn't really care less about any of its predictions.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

After what some of us have been through, it would be perfectly understandable if we were serial murderers. Am I worried about that scripture? Not in the least. I'm living my life in a way that I know would make God proud. Sure I screw things up sometimes. But all things considered...I know his compassion far outweighs his anger.

Andi

• mindfield
    mindfield

I'm with andi here... I'm not perfect (or am I?...) and I make mistakes, but I try as most as I can not to do anything irreversebly idiotic, hurtful, etc.

Also, I haven't killed anyone... yet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit