Where is hell?

by startingover 34 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Serious question everyone. And yes, in a physical sense. I like to base my life on realities, so I think in those terms. Does anyone think there is a real hell, a real location?

Here is a thesis: http://www.biblestudents.net/library/misc/hell.htm

RR

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

At my house...

• bob1999
    bob1999

I assume you are talking about the lake of fire from Revelation 20, where Satan will be tormented day and night for ever and ever?

I don't know where it is.

I don't think it has to be anywhere, in a physical sense.

No matter how much the WTS want to say it, God is not bound by his own creation.

Hell can be where ever God wants it to be. Within our physical reality or outside it.

One thing is sure, hell will exist "for ever and ever". That is, if you believe the bible.

Peace

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am a former Christian.

I think that hellfire as is taught traditionally raises logical questions. Location (i.e. where is hell?) is one. What it accomplishes, why it is necesarry is another, more important question imo. What it demonstrates as to "God" is another important question not easily dismissed when one is trying to convince another of the rightness and rightfullness of "God rule".

The key is, do you believe in the interpretation of this doctrine as some teach it in the bible?

If you do, and you have invested your intelligence and emotions into this teaching, then you should be scared.

If you don't, you have nothing to be afraid of.

Until someone brings some real evidence, this is the best anyone can do.

• bob1999
    bob1999

I was not speaking to how hell is taught in the traditions of man.

Hell (the lake of fire) is spoken about in the book of Revelation.

If one believes that the bible is the word of God, one has to believe in the existance of hell.

I don't think anyone should go beyond what the bible says about it.

Peace

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    If one believes that the bible is the word of God, one has to believe in the existance of hell. I don't think anyone should go beyond what the bible says about it.

I used to say this a lot as a JW, and I still agree with you. The problem is that frequently, two equally sincere Christians can believe that they are not going beyond what the bible teaches, using their own contradictory texts, and believe themselves right.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"I am a former Christian."

"I used to say this a lot as a JW"

Were you one of the 144,000?

According to the WTS and their teachings, the only JWs that are Christians are the members of the 144,000

Peace

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

"I am a former Christian."

"I used to say this a lot as a JW"

Were you one of the 144,000?

According to the WTS and their teachings, the only JWs that are Christians are the members of the 144,000

???

I was part of the 144,000 for aprox 6 hours before I looked in the mirror and had a good laugh.

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks for the Bible Student opinion. How about you Snowbird, or Perry.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Startingover...

Is this anything to do with what you are looking for?

The Great Abyss http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/164657/1/Where-is-the-Great-Abyss

If you follow the link on that post there are some pics and graphs that are very descriptive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit