TV Pilot...Lie to Me...includes episode about a JW.

by SnakesInTheTower 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

just seen this as I was scanning the channels... dont know much more than what I googled and the blurb on the tv directory...going to watch it now...

Snakes ()

This program is starting now (Wed 1/21 8pm CST/9pm EST) on Fox Network TV (US)... tonights pilot episode includes a story about a team of experts in lie detection are hired to investigate "a young Jehovah's Witness killing his teacher"

LIE TO ME (working title)
    Imagine Television
    20th Century Fox Television

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS
    Brian Grazer
    David Nevins
    Samuel Baum

WRITER
    Samuel Baum

CAST
    Monica Raymund as Torres

From writer Samuel Baum ("The Evidence") and the executive producers of 24 and "Arrested Development" comes LIE TO ME, a drama series inspired by a true story about a deception expert who can read the human face, body and voice to expose the truth in criminal cases and investigations.

When you itch your chin, wring your hands, scratch your nose or increase your swallowing, DR. CAL LEIGHTMAN knows you're lying. And he doesn't just think so - he knows so. Whether it be family, friends or complete strangers - he knows when they're holding something back. More accurate than any polygraph test, he is a human lie detector.

Dr. Cal Leightman heads up a private agency contracted by the FBI, local police, law firms, corporations and private individuals when they've hit a roadblock on their searches for the truth. Joining him are the foremost experts in the field of behavioral psychology: DR. GILLIAN FOSTER is the doctor's professional partner and intellectual counterpart, a master of deception equally comfortable with lying and concealing her emotions; the other is Dr. Leightman's lead researcher WILL LOKER who says everything on his mind and seemingly lacks the ability to lie. RIA TORRES (Monica Raymund), the newest member of the team, uses her natural and uncanny ability to read body language to catch the clues that her professional partners miss.

Brian Grazer, David Nevins and Samuel Baum serve as executive producers in conjunction with 20th Century Fox Television on this intriguing series based on the science developed by pioneering behavioral psychologists. In its cases and in its character relationships, this unique procedural and character drama is not simply a search for a criminal, but a search for human truth.

LIE TO ME probes the very heart of human nature and explores the idea that there's nothing more revealing than when we choose to tell the truth and when we decide to lie.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

so far the verbage of the so-called "Witness" parents and kid do not ring true to the usual "Theocratic" language they use. ....its almost as if the writers gave the script generic usage of what they thought a Witness might say.

still watching... with 15 min to go..

though the series itself has potential... I like the actress in this one...Kelli something..from the Practice I think...

Snakes ()

• poppers
    poppers

Would a witness say that they would "pray for the soul" of someone who died? That was one of the lines in the script. To me it didn't seem authentic, based on what I've learned on this site (I'm not a JW).

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

poppers...

exactly... that was the one that stood out to me. I would say the writers did not do their research. The JW angle was a red herring.

Funny, a JW may not have watched it but would have caught that immediately if they did. A non JW like yourself but with knowledge of the religion also catches it. Anyone not familiar with the religion would not know the difference.

As to the show, it is formulaic...meaning it will probably hang around... I dont have time for any more shows that I really want to watch.

Snakes ()

• Robert7
    Robert7

I watched half of it, and couldn't take it anymore. They are playing SO much on people's signs it drove me nuts. The show sucks and probably will get canceled soon.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I don't think the show will last - but - I find the intent and tone of this theme pretty good for the subject matter. To a JW, the verbage wouldn't fit - but to a person who is not that knowledgeable, it does highlight some of the extremes of the religion. Home schooling because you want to keep him away from corruptness, sex and drugs. Protect him from the world. Being in the world but not part of the world. .....knows there is no greater sin than fornication - we didn't have a talk but we read from G...etc..etc..

sammieswife.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I saw this post earlier and set the TV to copy it. I hope I get to watch it tomorrow. I saw a small portion of it tonight and it looked pretty good..we shall see tomorrow..thanks for the alert.

Snoozy..

• shamus100
    shamus100

Television is full of crap anyways. Contrived nonsense. Just like 90 percent of the internet.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

For those that want to watch it, here is the link for online viewing: http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=lietome

-Aude.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Snakes!..We both have a thread on the Program..I just saw yours!..LOL!!................The Kids Hair was long..The dad was an overseer,the cogregation hated because he was a Zealous JW.........None of the JW life portrayed was accurate........................................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit