Question for Confession or anyone else who might now

by Amha·’aret 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I've just been reading the letter Confession wrote to his mother. I noticed the following quote:

“The first essential for study is the right condition of mind and heart, appreciating that Jehovah grants understanding only to the meek, and not to the stiff-necked. If we have love for Jehovah and for the organization of his people we shall not be suspicious, but shall, as the Bible says, 'believe all things,' all the things that The Watchtower brings out…” [Qualified, 1955, page 156]

Where is this quote from? I'd like to see if in context. The WTLib only has books going back as far as 1971 so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Thanks.

• blondie
    blondie

This is the book Qualified to Be Ministers from 1955 ("Qualified, 1955, page 156) so it would not be on the CD.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WatchtowerJehovah's-Witnesses-Qualified-to-be-Ministers_W0QQitemZ330301679597QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090119?IMSfp=TL090119125002r6046

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Thanks Blondie. I thought that's what it might have been but it did surprise me that the rom has such a limited selction of older books.

• Confession
    Confession

Hi Amha 'aret...

This book is presently up for bidding on e-bay as we speak. Here is the link...

"Qualified to be Ministers"

• blondie
    blondie

Not many books before 1970; only magazines back to 1950. Interestingly, the older WT-CDs have books on (like the Babylon the Great book) that aren't on the current CD.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Thanks Confession. Don't think I'll be bidding for it though!

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Hi Blondie,

Hardly a coincidence! I wonder how many dubs have noticed that though! :(

• wobble
    wobble

They don't like easy access to the old B.S**t . It is too easy to see the flip-flops.

I believe there was a directive to remove older stuff from the K. Hall Libraries as well. This at least shows a measure of embarrasment at the wacky stuff of the past,but what duplicity!

Love

Wobble

• yknot
    yknot

uploading...... check back

• yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit