Met a non-practicing JW at the airport - indoctronization is strong

by Robert7 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

I was witnessed from a guy who has never been to meetings!

So I was sitting at an airport bar, watching the Obama parade on TV, and the guy next to me mentions to me that he likes Obama, but didn't vote. This guy does NOT meet the typical JW profile. This guy looks more like a drunk truck driver than a clean cut dub...

So I ask why he didn't vote. He responds "Because of my religion. I am a Jehovah's Witness but I don't go to meetings, and have never been to a meeting because I still like to drink and smoke". (he is not baptised) So I thought this could be a good chance to at least reveal some of the real truth, and remove some of his possible guilt of not going to meetings.

This guy served 4 years in jail, and during that term the JW's would visit and study with him. So the JWs find people in jail at their most vulnerable point, make 'friends' with them, and indoctrinate them. He was SO convinced that the JWs are the truth that I couldn't even get him to think any other way. I mentioned how I stopped going to meetings, and why... things like false prophesies, changing doctrine, etc, and he gave ME the typical canned answers defending THEM! He believes in the upcoming Armageddon, the resurrection, and paradise Earth, and thinks he has a chance to make it.

As much I tried to convince him it wasn't the truth, he tried to convince ME it WAS the truth! This was from a guy who has never been to meetings!

Indoctronization is strong!

• blondie
    blondie

I would think it would be more convincing that you believe it to LIVE it than PREACH it.

• Clam
    Clam

A Jehovah's Bystander eh? I suppose it's easy to give up voting but not so easy to give up booze and nicotine. What was he in jail for I wonder? It's interesting that Dubs go to jails and preach to prisoners. I wonder if they follow criteria in terms of sentence length and severity of crime? I wonder if they're comfortable talking to paedophiles?

Clam

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

He is truly captive to the concept that Watchtower alone is God's organization and the only path to salvation. Poor soul. I suspect there are possibly millions more like him.

This reinforces how imporrtant it is to be good apostates and promote awareness of all destructive cults.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I remember there were quite a few who claimed to believe it but wouldn't get baptisted because they knew they get df'd for smoking or some other behaivor they practiced. There were a lot of the so called "unbelieving mates" (doesn't that sound funny?) that were that way. I think they are hoping that Jehovah will cut them some slack because they go around defending the Watchtower even though they don't practice what they preach.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    I think they are hoping that Jehovah will cut them some slack because they go around defending the Watchtower even though they don't practice what they preach.

He said exactly that. That at the resurrection he thinks he has a 'chance' because of the knowledge he has and the belief of the WTS.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Well, sounds like what someone wrote on my latest youtube video:

You remind me of a certain angel that put in doubt Jehovah's authority and soveirgnty (Revelation 12:9)(2 Corinthians 11:13,14). Do you want to know what 2 John 8-11? I have no sorrow for you.

When I sent the guy a response, he told me that he was DFd 2 years ago on a technicality. ROFLMFAO!!!!! He is still indoctrinated!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Crazy.

No seriously, they guy is probably bat-shite nuts.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    No seriously, they guy is probably bat-shite nuts

He was quite nuts... But that's the thing, 'the truth' attracts nuts like this...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We had a poster on JWD who was like that,his name.. "Yardirf"..It was his dogs name spelled backwards.."Friday"..LOL!!......Never baptized,no field service ,no ministry school ,nothing......But..He would come on JWD and give everyone a bad time who did`nt agree with the WBT$..He thought everyone should toe the WBT$ line but him......I used to laugh at him,give him a hard time for picking on posters..I drove the guy nuts!..LOL!!.....He got so angry he created multiple accounts to cuss me out..That got him the Boot!..Thrown Out..............................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit