Satan Takes a Trip

by Farkel 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Jehovah ushers Satan into His presence.

Jehovah: "Listen Satan, the Thousand Year Reign is just about up, and according to the Bible, I've gotta let you go back to Earth and tempt the people, so you'd better go down and see what's happening before you get to work. Damn. I wished I had picked another book to endorse besides that Bible. It's gotten me and humans into all kinds of trouble."

Satan: I said you should have picked "Zen Comics" instead of the Bible, you know."
    Jehovah: Point taken, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I've got to go on keeping my Bible-Based word. No one will respect a God who changes his mind on Holy Books. Now, get going.

So Satan takes to trip. Back to earth after an absence of 1,000 years. He has to disguise himself and not be recognized, so he wraps his tail around his waist, plops a Top Hat over his horns, ditches his pitchfork, shaves off his goatee and hides his bong in his vest pocket.

The first humans he encounters are picnicking in a beautiful meadow. The men are all wearing suits, white shirts and ties. The women are wearing long dresses buttoned up to the necks. The children are petting lions and whining.

Child: "Mom! Dad! I'm SICK of petting lions! Can't we do anything FUN?"
    Dad: "Shut up, Johnny. If you don't, you know what will happen, don't you?"

Child: "Yes. I'll get stoned to death."
    Dad: "That's right. Remember little Stevie? He was caught giving a lion a dead rabbit to eat and his parents had to stone him to death."

Child: "Ok. But it's just not fair. Why can't I play?"
    Dad: "Playing is un-Theocratic, son."

Satan says: "Good morning, folks. I'm new to this area and one of the last ones to be resurrected and I noticed you are still studying the Bible. Is that really necessary since every prophecy in the Bible is pretty much fulfilled and people have reached perfection?"

Dad: "Yes, it is still necessary. The Governing Body is having all kinds of problems with people who complain about things here and who won't obey the Rules. This is true even though every offense is punishable by death. So we are constantly forced to read and reread the Old Testament. The New Testament was banned about 800 years ago as being unTheocratic."

Satan: "You mean every SERIOUS offense is punishable by death."

Dad: "No, I mean EVERY offense is punishable by death. Now that people are perfect, we're just like Adam and Eve. Screw up once, you're screwed. There is no Ransom to protect us anymore."

Satan: "I see. So what kind of rules are there now?"

Dad: "Fart in a Kingdom Hall, you're dead. Miss a meeting, you're dead. Don't pet lions, you're dead. Interrupt an elder for any reason, you're dead. Have sex without supervision and for the wrong reasons, you're dead."

Satan: "What do you mean by the last rule?"

Dad: "Well, since sex is only for procreation, we can only have sex to procreate. To ensure that this happens, all sex must be performed in the presence of a Judicial Committee and any sexual position or foreplay not approved by the Governing Body will result in death. By stoning. The Committee grades the sex on the "Publishers Sexual Report Card. 'G' is for Good, 'N' is for Need to Improve, and 'W' is for Weird. Anyone who gets a 'W' is stoned to death."

Satan: "How would one get a "need to improve'' grade.?"

Dad: "By making the sex last longer than 2 minutes. Ten 'N's" within 1,000 years and you're dead. If we can get it down to 45 seconds, we get a 'G', though".

Satan: "What must one do to get a "W" or 'Weird' grade?"

Dad: "Lots of things: moaning, calling out for God, saying "yes, YES, YES", and any position other than "missionary style" will all result in punishment. Every sexual act is recorded on video and put into the publisher's permanent record. Two 'W's" and you're dead."

Satan: "Wow. That's pretty intense. Are you happy living in Paradise?"

Dad: "Look, you aren't a spy, are you?"

Satan: "No. As I said, I was just resurrected."

Dad: "Well, I miss a lot of things. I haven't had a piece of steak or a slice of bacon in 1,000 years, and I miss it dearly. I've had 350,000 picnics and would almost rather die than have another one. I don't like to have sex with my wife in front of the elders and have it videotaped and graded. In fact, sex with my wife has become so boring, I wouldn't care if I ever had it with her again. One thousand years of the same stuff just isn't fun any more. I want some NEW stuff with a NEW female. But adultery is punishable by death, and even THINKING about adultery is punishable by death. To be honest I hate this Paradise and this life. I've had to stone to death 253 of my kids so far."

Satan: "Aren't the anointed brothers supposed to look out for you and protect you?"

Dad: "Well, that was the way it was supposed to be, but it didn't turn out that way. Over the last several hundred years, the number of those partaking of the emblems has grown to over 350,000,000 people. It seems EVERYONE wants to get the hell off this planet and head for heaven. That's why the Governing Body has recently ruled that anyone who claims to be anointed will be stoned to death."

Satan takes his leave and heads back to Heaven.

Jehovah: "How did it go, Sate?"

Satan: "You can forget about turning me loose to mess up people. They are so f****ed up already, I couldn't possibly make things any worse for them than it is now. I TOLD you you should have chosen 'Zen Comics' as a Holy Book over the Bible, God."

Jehovah: "Damn."

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So I take an afternoon break and what do I get..More humour!!..LOL!!........"Don't pet lions, you're dead."....Thats just frigg`n hilarious!.............................................." Dad: "Well, that was the way it was supposed to be, but it didn't turn out that way. Over the last several hundred years, the number of those partaking of the emblems has grown to over 350,000,000 people. It seems EVERYONE wants to get the hell off this planet and head for heaven. That's why the Governing Body has recently ruled that anyone who claims to be anointed will be stoned to death."..LOL!!..........................Your a crazy man!......I totally enjoyed your thread!............................

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• musky
    musky

As a young boy I never could understand the 1000 year loosing of satan. I thought, If I am good enough to make it through armageddon, can't I now just enjoy life without worrying that in 1000 years satan would come back to try to get me to be evil again and be destroyed by Jehovah. I was always a worrier.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I wonder how things would have turned out if Jehovah had chosen Zen Comics over the Bible. Though the contradictions in the Bible can be pretty funny, the Bible as a whole is a pretty grim book.

Zen Comics would never allow readers to take themselves too seriously. "A Zen monk, an atheist, and a dub walk into a bar ......... " Much better for laughs than death by stoning.

• poppers
    poppers

Farkel, your posts are some of the most entertaining on JWN and get right to the heart of the absurd thinking of JWs. I look forward to your next piece of creativity how it will be.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Classic Farkel.

Hasn't lost a thing:

"[Satan] hides his bong in his vest pocket"

Somehow I just knew he took drugs!

Randy

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    As a young boy I never could understand the 1000 year loosing of satan. I thought, If I am good enough to make it through armageddon, can't I now just enjoy life without worrying that in 1000 years satan would come back to try to get me to be evil again and be destroyed by Jehovah. I was always a worrier.

Me neither. I was told (somewhat tounge in cheek) that those who weren't exposed to Satan during the last days would have to get shot by him as well, since we "super righteous great trib survivors" had to go through it.

I remember thinking once: "Boy it would be nice to be them, and not have to go through this..."

These days, I am reminded just what a !@#$ YHWH is as taught by JW's.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    Jehovah: "Listen Satan, the Thousand Year Reign is just about up, and according to the Bible, I've gotta let you go back to Earth and tempt the people, so you'd better go down and see what's happening before you get to work. Damn. I wished I had picked another book to endorse besides that Bible. It's gotten me and humans into all kinds of trouble."
    This damn near made me spit hot chocholate over my screen.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, let's not forget that if you have sex with gerbils, you die too.

• Clam
    Clam

Brilliant stuff Farkel. As a Dub I could never perceive that after his release from San Quentin, Satan would be able to gather a rebellion "whose number is as the sand of the sea." I can see why now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit