In need of some help with quote gathering

by Eyes Open 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

It's a long story, but I've spent days and days solid writing and quoting for a very important letter, and I could do with some help from anyone who knows their way around WT stuff as I'm out of time.

I need to quote, preferably without any extra comment, WT stuff that shows circular "new light" or flip-flopping. Generation? Other central doctrine?

Also need to respond to 'only JW's glorify Jehovah's name'.

And finally, I need concrete examples of the WT saying only JW's will survive armageddon.

I realise this looks like I'm being lazy, but I've spent over a week on this with far less sleep than usual due to stress of situation and need to finish it off tomorrow. Many, many thanks guys.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Bump.

• carla
    carla

Check out here - http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/flip-flops.html for some of these- Who is The 'Lord' as mentioned in Romans 10:12-16 1903 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus. 1940 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah. 1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus. 1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah. Who are the ‘Higher Powers' mentioned at Romans 13:1 1916 - 'Higher powers' refers to governments. 1943 - 'Higher powers' refers to Jehovah God & Jesus Christ. 1964 - 'Higher powers' refers to governments. When will the Separating of the 'sheep and goats' take place (Matt. 25:31-46) 1919 - will take place after the time of tribulation 1923 - is taking place now, before the tribulation. 1995 - will take place after the tribulation. -------------------------------------------sorry don't have a link for the following, try AJWRB for the blood stuff blood- · 1940 Blood transfusions are acceptable · 1945 Blood transfusion are not acceptable · 1956 Blood serums should be treated as blood and are banned · 1958 Blood serums and fractions acceptable · 1959 Storage of own blood unacceptable · 1961 Blood fractions are not acceptable · 1964 Blood fractions are acceptable · 1974 Blood serums are personal choice · 1975 Hemophilia treatments (Factor VII & IX) are not acceptable · 1978 Hemophilia treatments (Factor VII & IX) are acceptable · 1982 Albumin is acceptable · 1983 Hemodilution is acceptable · 1990 Hemodilution is not acceptable (From the Blood brochure) · 1995 Hemodilution is acceptable Will the men of Sodom be resurrected? Yes Watchtower 7/18/79 p. 8 No Watchtower 6/1/52 p. 338 Yes Watchtower78/1/65 p. 47g No Watchtower7 6/1/88 p. 31 Yes Live Forever (old ed. ) p. 179 No Live Foreverr (new ed. ) p. 179 Yes Insight, vol. 2, p. 985 No Revelation. book, p. 273

• carla
    carla

from a poster here named focus- Who Appoints Elders and Congregational Servants? 1879 - Congregations by vote (1993PROC 054) 1919 - Jesus (1971WTWR 12 15 748-50) 1920s– After registering as a 'service organization', subject to WTBTS appointed Director (1993PROC 212) 1932 – Elective elder position abolished entirely (1993PROC 212) 1938 – President of WTBTS (1965WTWR 07 15 428) 1955 - Governing Body (for all congregation servants: confirmation of existing practice) (1955WTWR 06 01 333) 1959 – Holy Spirit (1959WTWR 06 01 339) 1965 - Anointed Remnant (1965WTWR 07 15 428) 1967 – Governing Body (1967WTWR 09 15 563, 1972WTWR 08 01 458) 1974 - Holy Spirit (1974WTWR 07 01 413) 1976 – Jehovah (1976WTWR 02 15 118) 1985 - Holy Spirit with the Governing Body (1985WTWR 08 01 31) 1993 – Governing Body (1993PROC 054) 1994 – Holy Spirit (1994WTWR 01 15 16-7) 1996 – Governing Body (1996WTWR 01 15 15) 1997 – Jehovah (1997WTWR 03 01 28) 2001 - "We don't care, as long as it is NOT US!" (Louisville Courier-Journal, Feb 4 2001: summary of attitudes of the Watchtower's legal representatives to the fact that the elders did not report to competent authorities serious child abuse of which they were aware)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (why does paragraphs & spaces never work for me?)

• carla
  • carla
    carla

frm an old post of mine---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------- This was the one I was thinking about. I forgot to say what site this is from. I originally found it somewhere else but this will suffice. I thought there was at least one other instance where they were unsure if the person being spoken of was Satan or Jesus or had flip flopped on it. I remember also pointing out to an elder where the wt said Christendom was 'chirrping' like birds or something to that effect (chirrping was in original) and later went on to believe and teach exactly what the rest of Christendom had been teaching all along. The sower in the Matt. 13 parable is Satan or Jesus? The sower of the mustard seed is Satan "It is the fake “kingdom of the heavens,” the counterfeit, namely, Christendom, that is filled with these symbolic birds, “the sons of the wicked one.” Today it is big enough to hold them all. In the parable, the “man” that sowed the mustard grain pictures the “wicked one,” Satan the Devil. Outstandingly in the fourth century C.E. Satan the Devil planted or specially cultivated this symbolic “mustard grain” of contaminated, adulterated, imitation Christianity." (Man's Salvation Out Of World Distress, 1975, p. 208). The sower of the mustard seed is Jesus "In the days of Jesus Christ and his apostles the nation of Israel was just as apostate as in the days of Jeremiah and Hosea. In fact, it was the generation of Israel that brought about the death of Jesus the Messiah and that persecuted his apostles and first-century disciples. Such Israelites especially were the ones to whom Jesus, as well as Isaiah, referred as having their eyes plastered shut, their ears unresponsive and their hearts unreceptive so that there was no spiritual healing for them. (Isa. 6:9, 10; Matt. 13:13-15; Acts 28:24-28) Hence that apostate generation suffered national calamity in 70 C.E. So, now, does anyone ask the question, How could Jesus as the Sower of the parable plant the symbolic mustard grain and yet have it become a tree of a foreign kind, the corrupt counterfeit called Christendom? The experience of Jehovah God with the ancient nation of Israel gives the divine answer to such a questioner!" (Watchtower, 10/1/1975, p. 600). Here is the parable “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; 32 and this is smaller than all other seeds; but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches,” (Matt. 13:31).

• carla
  • carla
    carla

scans of the Sodom flip flops-http://cftf.com/comments/blinking.html

• carla
    carla

Try here for some contradictions--http://www.carm.org/jw/contradictions.htm

• Clam
    Clam

Here's a catalogue of flip flops on just one subject - are they or are they not false prophets?

----------------

No: "Never in these instances, however, did they presume or originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah’. Never did they say ‘These are the words of Jehovah’." (AW 3/22/93)

Yes: "God has a people on earth, all of whom are prophets, or witnesses for God...Jehovah’s Witnesses." (AW 6/8/86 p9)

No: "Jehovah’s Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets." (Reasoning, 1985, p136)

Yes: "In behalf of such individuals who at heart seek God’s rule instead of man’s rule, the ‘prophet’ whom Jehovah has raised up has been, not an individual man as in the case of Jeremiah, but a class. The members of this class are, like the prophet-priest Jeremiah, wholly dedicated to Jehovah God through Christ, and by the begettal of Jehovah’s holy spirit they have been made part of a ‘chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession'." (WT 10/1/82 p27)

No: "In this regard, however, it must be observed, that the ‘faithful and discrete slave’ was never inspired, never perfect." (WT 3/1/79 p23-4)

Yes: "The facts substantiate that the remnant of Christ’s anointed disciples have been doing that prophesying to all the nations for a witness in favor of God’s kingdom." (Holy Spirit - The Force Behind the Coming New Order, 1976, p 148)

No: "They do not claim infalibility or perfection. Neither are they inspired prophets." (WT 5/15/76 p297)

Yes: "Jehovah has raised up a genuine prophet in our generation. Regardless of how Christendom views or regards this group of anointed witnesses of Jehovah, the time must come, and that shortly, when those making up Christendom, will know that really a ‘prophet’ of Jehovah was among them. (The Nations Shall Know, 1971).

No: "No, the ‘Watchtower’ is no inspired prophet, but it follows and explains a book of prophecy the predictions in which have proved to be unerring and unfailing until now." (WT 69 1/1 p2)

Yes: "Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an unprecedented and unparalled scale." (WT 64 6/15)

No: "Jehovah’s people confess no powers of inspiration today" (WT 52 4/15 p253)

Yes: "Jehovah God has made known to his anointed ones in advance what these scriptures mean." (WT 31 6/1 p 160)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit