Who Do You Want to Be Like?

by Farkel 16 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Farkel,

That was a nice contrast between Mother Teresa and the Watchtower. I would like to add another quote, from St. Augustine, "Hate the sin, but love the sinner."

I first heard that quote, whn I asked an elderly woman a question. She was a very religious woman, whose Protestant church taught that homosexuality was wrong. She had a son who was gay, and she showed him great affection. I asked her about this, and she gave me the quote. I understood, then, how different her view was from the JWs view.

• wallaby jack
    wallaby jack

please, please don't do it Venice! there aren't enough pretty girls to go around .. oh, maybe you meant you'd like to be mmmmetaforic .. um ..mentalpholically .. ahh meanandfolicly? like farkel .. or maybe you didn't meant to mean what i thought you meant? :.<

As JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES, we testify that:

(1) WE ABHOR the reproach that Babylon the Great, and Christendom in particular, has cast upon the name of the one true and living God, Jehovah. . . .
    The Christian world gives Jehovah a bad name by its failure to encourage its church goers to spend each waking moment spreading the good news of his only forgotton son Judge Blubberfraud and the tower of gloom... makes perfect sense to me .. i don't know what the great Lord and Savory Jesus was thinking in 1919 when he toured the globe overlooking Dali Lamas and Popes in pink pygamas to choose an bitter twisted incarserated American to look after every truth in his fathers universe. Who are we to Judge? lol.

(2) WE ABHOR Christendom’s adherence to Babylonish teachings, notably those of a triune god, the human soul’s immortality, eternal torment in hell, a fiery purgatory, and worship of images such as the Madonna and the cross. . . .
    Yeah .. fair enough .. we just believe Jehovah has commanded his 'meak' son Jesus to lead 'the greatest cavalry charge in history' and outdo the old Gods bloodlust by slaughtering everyone on earth who said 'not interested' or 'i have my own religion' or wasn't home or lived in China or said 'fuck off i can't read' when the publishers offered thier litteriture.

(3) WE ABHOR anti-God philosophies and practices, so common in Christendom, such as evolution, blood transfusions, abortions, lying, greed, and dishonesty." (The Watchtower, 4/15 1989 p. 18)
    Yep .. last time i went to ozzieposts church he dressed me as a monkey, tied me to an altar and sucked the bloody baby outta me then said i should put $100 in the plate so they could buy more of Jesus body and blood at the local grog shop. (Last week Jesus blood was a fruity drop with heavy wood flavour and a strong bitter aftertaste reminisent of a Wolf Blass Claret. ;)

"They cannot endure to have even their own child speak falsehood in the name of Jehovah. They must pierce him through because of his false prophesying. They must consider him as spiritually dead to themselves, as one with whom to have no religious association and fellowship and whose prophesyings are to be rejected." (The Watchtower, 10/1 1961, p. 596)
    Yeah well, i know Jehovah sent Jesus but surely the Churches could mention God now and then! lol.

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. . . . Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship." (The Watchtower, 11/15 1952, p. 703)
    Damn Damn blast dash frog'n bluffy bunt doodlerz! Can't we just injure 'em a bit or at least talk at them? If only more witnesses could be like that fearless apostate fighter SirFred.

"Haters of God and his people are to be hated, but this does not mean that we will take any opportunity of bringing physical hurt to them in a spirit of malice or spite, for both malice and spite belong to the Devil, whereas pure hatred does not. We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest.." (The Watchtower, 10/1 1952, p. 599)
    Right .. yep, just let's keep the wagons in a circle while we ride the narrow rocky path (geez no wonder so many sisters get dizzy and brothers keep falling of the wagon)

"Men can spray a field with chemicals that kill weeds but spare crops; too bad they cannot spray cities with bombs that blow the bad to bits but leave the innocent intact." (The Watchtower, 7/15 1955, p. 436)
    Again the Watchtower is ahead of its time. (didn't Yabfluff invent a dumbomb with AlanFraudbakers name on? I remmember him launching it from the rear of a Texas whorehouse or Sheriffs orafice or somewhere ;)

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor...Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face; kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting." - Mother Teresa
    Mother Teresa?! From what I saw on a British expose she was no Ghandi and i don't know if Jesus woulda fought so hard against contraception in modern India.

Which message comes closest to that of Jesus?
    Hard call Farkel. Which myth comes closest to the Jesus myth? I supose i better not say anything bad about the dead nun or my buns might start wrinkling to resemble her face! Holy blessed sister of mercy forgive me for i respect you no more than I do any other bride of Christ. Yeah OK you win, the Watchtower still pours outta Joe Rutherfords back passage.

"I didn't mean what I meant."
    you're just mean

unclebruce, playing with the devils ardvaark

PS: I don't haveta spell properly, i'm dispexic!

Ashi, Mother Theresa thought she was possessed before she died?!! outnfree
    Boy, I bet the deamons were lining up for that job! lol.
  • patio34
    patio34

Hi Farkel,
    Astute juxtapositioning of those quotes! Really speaks for itself. Those are the best, the ones that you don't have to add a word.

Larc, that's an excellent quote that you don't read in the WT!

The longer i'm out of the WTS, the more obvious it becomes what they really are. Someone reently used the phrase, 'leaving the cold embrace of the WT.' Really was cold, wasn't it?

Merry Christmas!
    Pat

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Outlaw,

You mentioned the WTS owning 50% of the Rand company. I'm ignorant of that. Is there info i can get about it?

Thanks,
    Pat

• Richie
    Richie

Farkel...

You certainly highlighted the spirit of the WTBTS, where it is more important to follow the manifesto of Watchtower doctrine than embracing the principles of love found in the bible.
    Yes, just as Patio34 aptly pointed out: we all have come to recognize what the Society stands for....a cold embrace indeed, and from that coldness we have fled into the light of understanding and compassion....

:*) Richie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Pat,go over to Kents sight "watchtower observer"he`s got all the info there..MERRY CHRISTMAS ...OUTLAW

• mommy
    mommy

"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor...Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face; kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting." - Mother Teresa

Words to live by Thanks Farkel, for preparing this, and sharing with us. Merry Christmas!
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit