You have to read this about Beth Sarim

by tiffy0212 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

I just asked my husband if he knew about Beth Sarim. He said is that the person's name. I laughed. This man who is in his mid 60's and been at the hall for over 36 years knows nothing about this subject. I told him the next time he was in the hall library to look it up. Bet he won't find any info on the subject. I challenged him on the Nov. Watchtower page 13 that tell you not to leave your mate if you become a witness how Jehovah hates a divorce. The book keeping yourself in gods love page 221 says you can get a legal divorce. My husband was talking out of both sides of his mouth, just like to org. He told me he has placed this book at homes, yet he has not read it himself. Told me the bible says you can seperate, but I told him it doesn't say LEGAL SEPERATION. Then I asked him is the god you serve stupid, or is it just you. Is there anythng else I can spring on him that he probably doesn't know about??? I will need all the facts. I love this I never thought I would ever look into a watchtower or awake, but I even read it to him. Probably won't sleep tonight after reading that. Left him with something to think about.

• primitivegenius
  • Kahlua
    Kahlua

You can probably find some good stuff in Leonard Miller's paper on Flip Flops.

Here's the link - http://users.oeccwildblue.com/millerlr/PivotalYear1988SodomGomorrah.pdf

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

As far as Beth Sarim is concerned. Print out this picture for him from Wikipedia:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rutherford_Beth_Sarim.jpg

Rutherford is posing in front of Beth Sarim standing next to his Cadillac coupe. He moved into the house in 1930, right after the start of the Great Depression. Much of the world was in suffering financially. Many were out of work. What was Rutherford doing with his own mansion and a luxury car?

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

I bet he knows nothing about the fall of Jerusalem! Get him on that one it fell in 586/587 bce. The Watchtower teaches 607 bce. The State of israel and everyone else on the planet teaches 586/587 bce.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Send a PM to Mary. She has compiled a wonderful document filled with things your husband probably doesn't know. Like the fact that Dubs can get disfellowshipped for smoking but the WTS owned stock in Phillip Morris very recently.

StAnn

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Rutherford is posing in front of Beth Sarim standing next to his Cadillac coupe. He moved into the house in 1930, right after the start of the Great Depression. Much of the world was in suffering financially. Many were out of work. What was Rutherford doing with his own mansion and a luxury car?

Jerking off

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I hadn't seen that particular photo, thanks. It's very nice... W.Once

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

If you're interested in helping your loved one see through the lies and manipulation of the Watchtower, I would highly recommend Steven Hassan's book, "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves." He emphasizes building rapport and trust with cult members before criticizing the cult.

He tells the story of a woman who tried to get her JW husband to leave the organization by pointing out all it's problems. Unfortunately, her plan backfired and it took a toll on her marriage instead. The book has a well thought out plan to help cult members get out without damaging relationships in the process. I really liked it.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Tiffy,

hoping that things aren't going that bad, if you have to choose between peace(and hubby) and religion (or change/lack thereof) I would advise to choose peace and hubby, religion is not worth breaking a family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit