New drama "Lie to Me" pilot featuring a JW murderer

by Robert7 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

New show "Lie To Me" airs Wednesday Jan 21 at 8:00 EST on Fox. It is described below. I don't have any more information than this, but I am sure they will get into details of the JW faith!

LIE TO ME, the compelling new drama from the producers of 24, stars Tim Roth ("The Incredible Hulk," "Reservoir Dogs") as DR. CAL LIGHTMAN, the world's leading deception expert who studies facial expressions and involuntary body language to discover not only if someone is lying, but why. When someone shrugs one shoulder, rotates a hand or raises the lower lip, Lightman knows he's lying.

Based on the real-life scientific discoveries of Paul Ekman, the series follows Lightman and his team of deception experts as they assist law enforcement and government agencies to expose the truth behind the lies

The pilot is described: http://tv.yahoo.com/lie-to-me/show/pilot/episode/195618;_ylt=AiY7EzKgrmQdQTPn0BnjLxaVo9EF

The son of devout Jehovah s Witnesses is accused of killing his teacher after being caught fleeing the scene of her murder; the Democratic National Committee hires the team to investigate a second case.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The first episode features a nice little slam to the JW faith? How nice. This will surely make the Jw's cry 'persecution'.

Jeff

• asilentone
    asilentone

Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to watch it.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    The first episode features a nice little slam to the JW faith

Makes you wonder if there is an apostate somewhere there at Fox... How else would they come up with such a devious idea?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I wonder if they portray him as guilty, or innocent at the end?

If it comes over here I will see it.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

jehovahs witnesses never lie. its not a lie if they dont feel you have the right to know. just ask them.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

WT says: While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it. Jesus Christ counseled "Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.” (Matt. 7 :6)

Are total strangers entitled to the truth?

Is a JW not offering to dogs what is holy when they go door to door to offer "truth" to total strangers?

Are they not throwing pearls before swine when they indescriminately admonish others according to their WT values not knowing what moral values others may or may not have. Why would a JW divulge any spiritual knowledge to a stranger without some previous judgement and criteria to know if such stranger could "appreciate WT truth"?

Then why would JW be encouraged by WT to excuse himself for lying, calling it theocratic, when it is for convenience?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, it will be another source of embarrassment for the witlesses. I bet they are going to tell their people that watching this program is tantamount to watching an apostate video or reading apostate literature.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Makes you wonder if there is an apostate somewhere there at Fox... How else would they come up with such a devious idea?

I know of one apostate at Fox. He's a good man, and a valuable resource here. Don't know if he's involved in this.

• Morgana
    Morgana

Thanks, Robert, for making me aware of this.

I just watched it and was very touched. Tim Roth is great and very convincing in this role, as is the suporting cast; and the whole theme of the complex spectrum ranging from utterly (even ridiculously) truthful (cf. the funny guy who welcomes his new colleague in the office) to lying (from well justified to base reasons) is presented in an marvellous way. I'm looking forward to the coming programs in this series.

BTW, we cannot receive the program here where I live, but meanwhile it is widely available as a torrent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit