So where do we stand on the "no more CO" and "inactive people being hunted" rumors?

by changeling 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Last week and this week's Watchtower study articles are all about hunting down inactive people, err, "helping" them return to the flock.

Nothing really new though.

om

p.s. Nice to see you changeling.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Hmm, how do you do that without the authority to preside? Anyway, the term is scriptural:

Rom.12.8 " he that presides, [let him do it] in real earnest; "

The difference is the Presiding Overseer was presiding over the other elders, yet this scripture means to generally preside over the congregation. Still...kind of embarrassing to see the NWT actually use the word "presides' in relation to those in authority.

So how come the "Governing Body" hasn't changed its name to "Coordinators of the worldwide organisation." or similar?

Pathetic. This has to be the worst case I've seen of the GB pandering to the legal whims of their lawyers.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Hmmmmm I'm thinking it's still future

• yknot
    yknot

Inactives are currently being protrayed as kindly 'lost sheep' in need of being found.

So R&F are suppose to contact old friends and relatives to see if they can reel some into the WTS boat. Elders are suppose to actually call on those DFd in the area.....(I know mines finally did when the CO was holding their hand- - - a first in more then a decade)

I think the point is three fold....

1. Recapture those stumbled but view the WTS as God's sole channel (GSC)........ so they can schlep and donate for the WTS

2. Elders to call on DFd one to see if they too still hold to WTS as GSC.....so they can be reinstated, schlep & donate too.

3. To determine if any can and should be marked as apostates......JCs and "no longer wishes to be a JW" announcements aren't lurking far behind.

The arc of the door is closing! Hurry Hurry Scurry...........

Donations and membership is down.....and normally this is when they yank a date out of their arse! Unfortunately for the writing department the legal dept has forbidden such a written liability.

((( Hey younger GB.... if you wanna keep this boat afloat long enough to recoup some of you decades of service you are gonna have to mainstream and modernize.....waiting for Teddy to die might be too late)))

• asilentone
    asilentone

yknot, you said "recapture those stumbled but view the WTS as God's Sole Channel". Did your quote just come from you or Did you find any implied statement from the WT that supports your quote?

• yknot
    yknot

Gist given at CBS/TMS/SM........ that we should make list of brother/sisters in our area we know who have been stumbled by "others" but are still honesthearted ...... supplying the list to the Elders with brief notations as to why they aren't attending.

We are also to check back in our personal records for studies conducted who had strong potential but fizzled for whatever reason. We are strongly encouraged to do our utmost to see if the lives of these people are 'ripe'.

It is kinda a WT theme this month with articles like....

Help Those Who Stray From the Flock
    Help Them Return Without Delay!

Our area has lots of inactives who left due to personality issues with a certain Brother. We also have lots of drifted JWkids returning to the area due to economics. They all were going at first but have since petered out starting about October.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Well I haven't been to a metting in 5 years, I was a pillar of the local congregation and my wife is still is a zealous witness but still I haven't been contacted yet.

I have been thinking about what I will say when I get a visit. I think that lack of any genuine concern is going to be high on the list. The local elders are probably slightly scared of ex-elders who probably know too much, but having said that, I think that I had visit from an elder and the DO since I left. So much for a loving and concerned organization!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit