Are we creating the Universe as we move along?

by BurnTheShips 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

BTS, I think it is a very interesting approach and based on science... good one!

drwtsn32, no way can you compare the 'what the bleep do we know' crowd with 'the secret' crowd... we know very little of quantum physics and mechanics, but as little as we know it makes more sense to me than the bs story of the invisible man in the sky who bribes us with promises etc etc or threatens us with the horrors of hell...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    If, however, there are an infinite number of universes - with physical constants that vary from one to the next.....

If there are an infinite number of Universes, just about anything we can think of must exist. Somewhere there is a Universe where the Watchtower runs the government of the world and "evil Spock" is on the governing body.

BTS

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    drwtsn32, no way can you compare the 'what the bleep do we know' crowd with 'the secret' crowd... we know very little of quantum physics and mechanics,

We know very little, but what we do know is the strange, random, and unpredictableness applies at the quantum level. "What the Bleep" claims that this strange behavior can be extended to the macroscopic world and how we interact with other macroscopic objects. "The Secret" implies that there is some force in the universe that responds to our thoughts; we think about money and we'll get money. We think about debt and we'll get debt. Also ridiculous.

Note that I am not cricitizing the thought that our attitude and motivation can affect our success; that is pretty obvious. But that's not what either of these "movies" claims. They are specifically stating that we can literally affect reality in one way or another. They also throw around the "quantum mechanics" term because it sounds impressive and most people have no clue what it's about.

but as little as we know it makes more sense to me than the bs story of the invisible man in the sky who bribes us with promises etc etc or threatens us with the horrors of hell...

Well I agree that the imaginary friend in the sky thing is bs, but it doesn't mean these movies are accurate either. It's all bullshit.

• Twitch
    Twitch

It's all bullshit.

LOL

Yea

"I'm hungry. Let's grab a bite and catch a flick, coz we'll never figure it all out anyways,..." - some ex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit