My JW daughter made this comment

by cawshun 17 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    some people would say the same thing about a Jehovah Whitness and not allowing one to have blood.

Isn't it funny that JW's don't make that connection? Of course, I'm sure they rationalize it as "well god tells us not to have blood, he doesn't say we can't take psych medications."

• cawshun
    cawshun

Nathan, I agree with you, I tried to show my daughter that view when it was in the news about those FDLS in Texas and the women in their prararie dresses. I told her, their just another one of those cults that keep them ignorant to the outside world, are not allowed an eduation. I didn't compare them to the JWs or make any comment about the jws.

Nathan, thanks for the video, I see the similarities

I don't think it sunk in, at that time, the jws were not talking about the higher education.

Steve2, I too see where scientology has some similarities to the JWs, but as Nathan said, all cults are similar

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

They get all into Sarah Palin's personal life but regarding the Travolta's they don't mention what effects their religion played in their son's treatments.

They have some mighty big guns at the top, just like WT. That's why information gets censored.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

They get all into Sarah Palin's personal life but regarding the Travolta's they don't mention what effects their religion played in their son's treatments.

Uh, Sarah Palin was running for the second highest office in the land, with a guy in his 70s and history of health problems. Travolta is just an actor.

Besides which, even most of the media have enough decency not to start ripping a family who has just lost a son.

No Apologies

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

That's great the you can talk to your JW daughter about other cults and draw her attention to the similarities they have with the WT. I am currently reading Steven Hassan's book, "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves." That is one of the strategies he suggests for helping loved ones escape a cult. If they can see the manipulation in other groups, eventually they can see it in their own.

• flipper
    flipper

CAWSHUN- Good job helping your daughter to try to see the comparisons in the witnesses . I too have read Steve Hassan's books and they give great ideas for trying to reach our relatives in cults, including Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm trying to implement some of the things to my adult witness daughters

• cawshun
    cawshun

I really do need to order Steve Hassens book. I still have to be careful with my daughter, I try to space things out so she doesn't catch on to what I'm trying to do. I'm glad she brought the Scientology thing up instead of me.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone

cawshub

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

to get back to palin, why was her qualifications so scrutinized, and Kennedy is getting a free pass into hillay clinton's senators spot?

no one in the press has mentioned that if I was running for her spot.... would have more qualifications!

In this country, class plays a big role.

I have relatives that are mayors, and such..... well, lets says if you know them you can get a city job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit