Meeting nights?

by lavendar 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

Can you tell me (a non JW) which nights of the week are the meeting nights? Is it Tuesdays and Thursdays? I need to know so I can call my son when his JW wife is at a meeting.

Thanks!

• sir82
    sir82

Every congregation is different.

Most congregations have a Sunday meeting, although a handful might have their "Sunday service" on a Saturday due to overcrowding at the Kingdom Hall.

As of 2009, there is only one weekday evening meeting per week. Most congregations have this on a Tuesday or Thursday, but it could be any other evening as well, depending on how many congregations attend a particular Kingdom Hall.

I'd say that the odds that it is on a Tuesday is probably 50%, and a Thursday maybe 30%.

• blondie
    blondie

If you know which KH it is and live close by just drive by and stop when there are no cars there, most have the meeting times and congregations listed on a sign usually at the entrace.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Okay; thanks very much!!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    although a handful might have their "Sunday service" on a Saturday due to overcrowding at the Kingdom Hall

Mongolia ...

It all depends on the area. Here in South Florida I do not know of a KH that does not have at least one Saturday meeting. Most KH's have 4 or 5 congregations meeting in them.

Actually, many prefer the late Saturday instead of Sunday.

When we rotated our meetings the last time, we had a choice of Sunday at 1pm, 4:00pm, or Saturday at 7:00pm ... Saturday won by about 10 votes.

It might be the Latin thing here but alot of people (especially the younger ones) like to get dressed for the Saturday meeting then head out afterwards for fun since they are alredy dressed.

Rub a Dub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Most people are going to have boasting sessions on Sunday morning and Thursday evenings. The Tuesday meeting has been segued to the Thursday one.

If they had the book study on Thursday, your boasting sessions will be on Sunday morning (or afternoon) and Tuesday evening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit