OK Who Owns the Aligator?

by unclebruce 11 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day tax dodgers,

A couple of days ago a North American alligator was found wandering in a scout camp a few miles south of here.

Finding a crocodile on the Australian south coast is strange. Finding an American alligator here is even more unusual.

So police assumed they had a crocodile, a native of Australia's tropical north, when vacationers caught a reptile in a volleyball net late Monday that had been wandering around their campsite.

Police on Tuesday corrected an initial press statement to explain that the 5-foot (1.5-meter) reptile was, in fact, an alligator.

Odder still, Craig Adam, manager of the Australian Reptile Park (North of Sydney) said that the captured creature belonged to a species native to the southeastern United States. Alligators tend to live in freshwater and have wide u-shaped snouts, where as crocodiles are usually found in saltwater. They have longer, pointy snouts.

Police said checks have revealed that no one is licensed to keep either a crocodile or an alligator in the area. They are still investigating where the alligator came from.

I enjoyed listening to a radio interview with a neighbour Kerry while she was driving 200Km up the coast to Mogo Zoo with the gator on the back seat of her car - mouth taped shut.

The animal in question:

[img]http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2006/03/alligatorPA100306_175x125.jpg[/img]

• Scully
    Scully

Good to see you, Unc.

All I know is that it isn't my alligator.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I prefer my alligator in shoe and belt form. Not mine either.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Hey "Uncle" that's so strange....I guess some damn Americans flushed it down the toilet and it ended up "down under."....Aligators are pussies compared to Aussie Crocs! Typical Aussies "Crikey, lets catch it in our volleyball net!"

• Clam
    Clam

Hey Uncle Bruce - long time no see cobber.

It might be some students rag week thing. I've recently called pest control in to oust an Aussie saltie from my garden pond. There's a lot of weird misplaced crocodilian type stuff going on at the moment.

Clam

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Thats a 'gator all right. They aren't as mean as the crocs.

BTS

• Farkel
    Farkel

:OK Who Owns the Aligator?

I confess. I do, you cheeky gallah.

Good to see 'ya kicking around again, unc. Did you get your degree? How's the gold mine enterprise going? Why has Australia turned Communist?

So many questions. So little time!

Cheerio!

Farkel

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Kids ...I keep telling em to close the DOOR to the state when they leave....but they dont listen.

Loves, S. Florida

• KW13
    KW13

not me lol, g'day btw unc bruce i still got that heart u made me in the sand!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hi guys .. excuse me .. I'm still testing the posting buttons ..

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOETlkc_nNY]Beware: Gali the Alligator[/url]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit