How can we know if a spirit world exists?

by sleepy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• one
    one

REALITY IS
    relative to
    in reference to
    HUMANS, what else?

"visible"
    "audible" from human reference = emissions above certain level and within a frequency range (aprox. 20-2000 cps)

dogs seem be have 'better' audio sensing +

regarding "visible" why are there lets say, infrared vision devices?

• sleepy
    sleepy

Ah how silly of me.
    I've just realised that the idea rolling around my head is similar to the old separate soul or not debate.
    You see some people believe we have a soul separate from our bodies that can think and reason without it, and that if the body dies the soul lives on.
    Others believe that what seams to be the soul, consciousness is linked to the workings of the brain and cannot exist without it.
    What you believe can change your perception of what reality is.
    If the soul or consciousness is separate from the physical mind and doesn't need it to operate then reality can be defined as in relation to yourself , your soul. So whatever happens in your head is real and the outside world can be interacted with but is not necessary.
    If the conscious is part of the brain and only exists as part of it then the external world defines what reality is. So in that case reality is independent of us ands is something universal that we all must fit in with and which our mind only reacts to.
    What is boss, the consciousness or the information we take in.

I was just thinking anyway , if no humans existed and we were no other conscious beings , in what sense could the universe be said to exist. It liked before we were alive and after we are dead as far as we are concerned there is no universe, there is nothing.

I don’t no where I am going with this
    Just thinking aloud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit