JW Movie To Verdener (Worls Apart)

by sandy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

There is a screening of this movie tonight at the Scandinavian Film Festival LA. It is in Beverly Hills at the Writer's Guild of America Theatre. I would have posted earlier but i just found out late last night.

Worlds Apart is scheduled at 7:30 pm. I called this morning and they said you can buy single tickets at the door for $10 each.

Here is the website info: http://www/scandinavianfilmfestivalla.com Sorry I still don't know how to post links here.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Go see it! You won't regret it; it's a great film, and very accurate.

I saw Tu Verdener and Knocking (the PBS produced witness "documentary") on the same day. A never-been-a-witness would come away from the feature film Tu Verdener with a much more realistic picture of what the JW religion is all about, than a person seeing the documentary Knocking.

• justified
    justified

I just watched the trailer and clips, it looks so accurate. I wish I could see the whole movie!!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh! I would have gone but only just found this link so it's too late.

Will it be playing again in LA/Ventura/SantaBarbara Counties?

-Aude.

• Dagney
    Dagney

How was it Sandy?

I am so sorry missed it!

• sandy
    sandy

Of course I'm bias but I really liked it. Overall it did a good job explaining JWs to outsiders. There were some charachters that might not have been easy to read by non witnesses. I'd love to hear a critique by someone who knows very little about witnesses.

There were some charachters not fully developed but as a former witness it was easy to understood them.

The main charachter Sara I thought was really great.

They'll be screening the movie in Palm Springs on Jan 14, 15 at Palm Springs Regal 9

psfilmfestival/film/detail.aspx?id=20512&fid=36 Palm Springs International Film Society

Also in San Rafael, CA on Jan 20th at the San Rafael film Center

• compound complex
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Is there a schedule of the filmings? Any possibility of it showing in Phoenix, AZ soon?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Just to let you know, it's on Youtube, just do a search for it and you'll find it in 15 parts, for as long as it lasts. I didn't post it but it came my way. Enjoy... W.Once

• inkling
    inkling
    Just to let you know, it's on Youtube, just do a search for it and you'll find it in 15 parts, for as long as it lasts. I didn't post it but it came my way. Enjoy... W.Once

It's also available as a torrent, if you are into that sort of thing

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit