Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-11-09 WT Study (STRAY)

by blondie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This Bullshyt from paragraph 2 kinda got under my skin:

"Sadly, some who SEEMED to appreciate Jesus' sacrifice and made a dedication to God no longer associate with the Christian congregation."

I love they way they judge a persons motives.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

*** w05 11/1 p. 20 par. 20 Jehovah Is Our Shepherd ***
    However, as his sheep, we have the responsibility to walk with our great Shepherd, Jehovah.

But Jesus is the Fine Shepherd per the WTS.

*** w96 1/15 p. 15 par. 1 Jehovah’s Sheep Need Tender Care ***
    The Fine Shepherd, Jesus Christ, loves us so much that he surrendered his soul for us.—John 10:7-15.

Why are they attempting to blur the lines between Jesus and Jehovah?

They are using them interchangeably!

Besides...I thought all this "sheep flock" stuff was based in New Testament wording. I don't recall anything about "god's people" in the ot being referred to as sheep.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

The reasons I stopped attending meetings, before DAing, were that I didn't believe in their chronology, their interpretation of the "faithful and discreet slave" parable and that I didn't agree with the statement made at the 2008 District Convention;

"We must give the faithful and discreet slave class credit for teaching us the truth".

1. the Holy Spirit alone leads us to truth

2. the faithful and discreet slave class led me to a lie - 1914

But there's no way people like me would be counted (before I DAd at least) as being worthy to be rescued by the shepherds. One elder who came to visit me after I made it known I wouldn't be back to the meetings, told me to "forget what Jesus said". Yes, that's exactly what the Great Shepherd would want...

• llbh
    llbh

I was called by on two elders recently by they said we have not seen you for a while and was concerned about you, i said no you are not. They then said we are your friends, i told them my friends would not leave it weeks let alone years without contacting me, after all they are true friends.. .

The reasons for the call became clear later. I had no problem with their calling, just that they were disingenuous.

Cheers for all your hard work Blondie

David

• Gozz
    Gozz

Are they blurring the difference?

It's quite clear that the great Shepherd is different from the Fine Shepherd.

Soon, attentive JWs will be separated by this subtle, all-important differecne business.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Thanks Blondie!

I hope they don't start calling me again! Anyway, I find it interesting that they don't talk about addressing the real issue of why people leave. The "encouragement" is actually evoking emotion that guilts a person into coming back to the religion.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

If the Watchtower was truly sincere in wanting elders or others to contact inactive ones, all they need
    do is allow field circus time to be counted when talking to inactive ones.

If they came up with this new rule us faders would need to replace our doorbells
    every year because of all the Jay Duhbeyas droping by.
    I was in the neighborhood dontcha know and blah, blah, blah, blah.

This study is all just meaningless words from the Watchtower Lawyer and Tradition Society.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, yes. That's why hubby brought up the "lost sheep" this week. I asked him if that included the disfellowshipped, weeping, at the back of the hall? He replies that they have to show some effort.

"You mean the lost lamb must climb out of the pit they are in before you lift a finger to help?"

He also mentioned that they had to avoid mixing with such ones. "You mean like the publicans, prostitutes, and sinners that Jesus ate with? Jesus came for the sick not the well."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If the Watchtower was truly sincere in wanting elders or others to contact inactive ones, all they need
    do is allow field circus time to be counted when talking to inactive ones.

I thought elders could count time visiting people. There is an elder who phones me up every few weeks to try get me to the meetings and I am sure he counts time.

• blondie
    blondie

So you are saying that because they count time calling on active jws that isn't a motivation for calling inactive jws? I guess the point is that love is not the motivation. It has been over 7 years since I stopped going and just received a "visit" this week. Only because of accountability to humans not God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit